What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1039 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 117 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Dont bother with the RP7 !!
A 50/50 mix of auto trans fluid & acetone (nail polish remover ~ pinch it from your GF) works much better at un-seizing bolts & nuts than any product you can buy.
Cheers for that mate, I'll try that next time. As it was the manifold bolts came loose easy as regardless. I found getting at all the bolts was far less of a drama than I'd feared.

Now I need to work out if I should remove the rail from the intake manifold? GoJeeps writeup seems to leave it on while this one removes the injectors and rail as one piece. I think I have to remove it as the fuel line is a hardline and it looks like it wont allow me the freedom to move the intake manifold on top of the valve cover as GoJeep suggests.
Old 10-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsteh View Post
Cheers for that mate, I'll try that next time. As it was the manifold bolts came loose easy as regardless. I found getting at all the bolts was far less of a drama than I'd feared.

Now I need to work out if I should remove the rail from the intake manifold? GoJeeps writeup seems to leave it on while this one removes the injectors and rail as one piece. I think I have to remove it as the fuel line is a hardline and it looks like it wont allow me the freedom to move the intake manifold on top of the valve cover as GoJeep suggests.
The injectors are held onto the rail by clips, you can remove the clips easily enough but you'll probably find the injectors still come out with the rail as they're a tight fit and with age everything becomes a bit stuck, when i replaced my injectors they were really stuck in there and i had to lever against the valve cover with a big bar on the fuel rail to get it to budge
Old 11-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spy a leaking axle seal.

Old 11-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 117 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
The injectors are held onto the rail by clips, you can remove the clips easily enough but you'll probably find the injectors still come out with the rail as they're a tight fit and with age everything becomes a bit stuck, when i replaced my injectors they were really stuck in there and i had to lever against the valve cover with a big bar on the fuel rail to get it to budge
Hmm sounds like you've depressurised the fuel rail first though?
Old 11-02-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rollins 1 View Post
I spy a leaking axle seal.

thanx for adding to my list of things to fix! as if i didnt already have enough!! lol...

nah, thanx for picking that up, hadnt seen that yet. just had a look at it, its only a dry stain, but wouldnt suprise me if the seals are starting to age on a bit. ill keep an eye on it.

Old 11-02-2012
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

Got my 31"MT's this morning and have just spent the last couple of hours sorting out front bump stops and steering stops. Waiting for the silicone to dry and then off to test it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Has anyone found a way to refit OME Sport shocky dust boots? At the moment looking at getting new ones and cutting existing ones off.