KJ Service Manuals and Parts Fiche - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-05-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts
Default KJ Service Manuals and Parts Fiche

Even though this is not hard to find, I am posting the link below so that new people can easily find two very important documents for maintaining the KJ (Petrol or CRD): the Service Manual and Parts Fiche for your particular year KJ.

This is a blind link, ie you can't find it through normal search or through the main site menu, you need this link to get to it. They are large documents as you would imagine so don't download them over a dialup link.

I recommend you download the files for your year KJ and hold them on your PC hard drive/ cloud whatever, rather than going back each time you need them. I have checked and the file links still work. For 2007 models just take the 2006 files as they are the same.

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Once you have these documents there should be nothing you can't find out about your KJ servicing and parts. You can even print out pages to give to your mechanic. Take the time to learn how to navigate these documents and you will be able to do timing belt changes, service your transmission, change wheel hub bearing, etc etc its all in there. With the Parts fiche, once you learn to use it you will be able to find any part on the internet simply by searching on the part number on Google, or going to a part supplier website and entering the part number.

Last edited by glend; 19-05-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 17-11-2018
I just registered

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Service Manuals for 2004 KJ, 2.8l diesel.

I am unsure if the person who originally posted the Service and Parts Manual Fiche is still a member as it was last edited in 2015, however, I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty, KJ, with a 2.8l diesel, automatic. In the Fiche's there is no reference to a 2004 model KJ at all, however there is a 2003 KJ with reference to the 2.4l and the 3.7l. In the 2005 KJ Fiche there is reference to a 2.4l, a 2.8l, and a 3.7l diesel, HOWEVER, parts in the 2005 2.8l, are different to the 2004 model 2.8l. One example is the engine mounts in the 2005 2.8l, which are a totally different design to the 2004 2.8l mounts. Does anyone know of a service manual for the 2004, KJ, 2.8l, diesel. Or, is there any explanation why there is no reference to a 2004 KJ in the service manuals.
Old 18-11-2018
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts

Very difficult to find the 2004 KJ Service Manuals.
If you search the Internet there are lots of sites claiming to have them but you have to pay for it first and then hope that you get what you want.

The 2003 Manuals are probably reasonably close to the 2004 KJ other than the colours of the wiring....2005 manuals start showing CAN busses being used as apposed to the PCI Busses that the 2003 uses...not sure what the 2004 KJ uses!

And glend is still very much still on this forum thankfully!

Last edited by Billwill; 18-11-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 25-03-2020
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Parts for 2007 KJ CRD - not all the same as 2006

It seems that the turbocharger was upgraded for the 2007 export models.
Post New Thread  Reply