KJ CRD Diesel Owners FAQ - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ESP off does not deactivate the ESP, only traction control. It does deactivate it in low range but if your speed increases above 40kmh it will automatically turn back on. It's a prick of a system which is useless for sand driving, I just remove the ABS pump fuse to remove it completely and refit when airing back up.
Old 18-08-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure switch

Here is an image of the top of the engine and indications of where various things are located:

1 is CCV (device for spewing oil vapors through intercooler to engine, if provent not fitted)
2 is Fuel Pressure solenoid at back of rail (control and maintain known rail pressure)
3 is MAP sensor (boost Pressure sensor on inlet cover, not rail)
4 is Fuel Pressure Sensor
5 Fuel Rail

Last edited by glend; 11-10-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: cleaning up FAQs
Old 11-10-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Here is a link to CRDJON's thread on installing a fuel lift pump in the CRD.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...t=76223&page=2

There is also a heap of info available over on LOST on this subject as well, just go to the search function there and search on "Lift Pump".
Old 07-11-2010
Spotter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Updated link to service manual.
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Old 12-11-2010
Renegade

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossow View Post
Updated link to service manual.
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Thanx Rossow

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD
Old 12-11-2010
Spotter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

example of Installing an aftermarket Transmission Oil Cooler.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92755

Last edited by Rossow; 12-11-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: ajust link.
Old 15-09-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Thanks!

I just wanted to give my thanks to the writer of all this very useful information... this really kept me out of big trouble and waste of money..

I recently had an impact to front and anyway the car had to stay in smash repairs. The very same day I took the car, after almost 10k engine light came on. The Newcastle Jeep service- as useless as many other Chrysler service centres - checked the car and detected that vacuum solenoid valve is the problem and should be changed(270AUD+ service). This seemed very odd to me, I read this article and decided to clean my EGR unit which really worked... the engine light turned off and car ran normally again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110625_0141.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	49951   Click image for larger version

Name:	20110625_0143.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	49952   Click image for larger version

Name:	20110625_0145.JPG
Views:	250