Jambo 2006 and what after? - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2006
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Roy,

In my response in the other thread I am not having a go at the past or present Jambos - I have emensely enjoyed the past events and would like to think the 06 event would be just as enjoyable.

But being the idealistic SOB that I am I can't help but wonder if it's possible that overtime we loss the roots of what Jeeps (& Jeeping) are & are meant to be.
I find it a little sad that we seem to have lost so many early model Jeeps - Although I did not attend Dubbo, look at how many flatties there were compared to the last 3 Jambos.....
Although the bands, sit down dinners, circus tents, projectors, dancing girls and the like are nice and great fun - are we losing touch??

Also for the record as Maddog said in the other thread the NSW clubs take turn (voluntary) to run an event about every second year, it attracts about 600 vehicles, runs all easter and costs generally less than half the cost of our Jamboress.
There's no "trade" alley, there's no big tent, the awards stage is often a big truck and the crowd bring their own seat or sit on the ground and either people supply their own food or pay the bush firies etc to cook for them....
IMHO this is the sort of thing I wouldn't mind seeing........just for Jeeps.....
ok I AM an idealist....... but.......
Old 07-02-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB
Why Ian, I think AJOR vioced it opinion with the location, we discussed it on here at length and what did that prove, absolutely nothing. my guess, they dont want the type of people they percieve AJOR member to be to be there. do it their jambo way or dont go. think its that simple.
Dude - At least in an online forum everyone can have a voice... Now that's cool

AJOR is awesome dude - keep the faith.

IMHO it seems to me that an AJOR members represent the a fair cross section of jeepers. Not every member of AJOR goes to Jeep events (so this is just like every jeep club I know), heck some people resent paying for petrol so even IF they got to a Jambo they wouldn't drive (well that is a bit on the spesh side - but just like what happens with the cyberwheelers* in every club I Know)... At least you have voiced a real participants* opinion rather than sitting on the fence (like what happens in every club) If this Jambo was totally free - would everyone who posts about cost being an issue go? ah probably not cause you still gotta get there....

I drive a "Just Empty Every Pocket" so I've met a truly eclectic & diverse range of individuals. Wouldn't want it any other way. How about an AJOR roundup? then you would see who really means it when "cost" is the issue, I put good money on it I'd see Jimmy & Chook there (no doubt in my mind) sort of personifying what I believe "Jeeping" is all about.
Plus it's another chance to catch up and have yarn over a beer (no scotch for me anymore...bloody scotch assassins are everywhere)

*cyberwheelers = tightarse wanker
*participant = means someone who actually drives off the bituman rather than just typing about it.

That's it I’m just dribbling now.. /dribble off

Old 01-03-2006
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Yeah, thanks for that, I believe I had mentioned the WWW on page 3 of this discussion. I was pointing out that it was down, and lo and behold further down the page someone has chipped in and noted that it was being upgraded.

Do you have any more answers to the points I raised as a sponsor?

I keep getting phone calls and have been mailed an Invitation but still as a potential sponsor considering at least a week out of my workshop, transport to and from and the rest of the costs I need to know WHATS IN IT FOR ME?

One email I recieved also displayed every other address on your mailing list, and mine to every other person, is this the standard of organisation I should expect?

Sponsorship is a 2 way deal, tell me what Im getting for my $$$$$$

How hard is it to explain that?

If you would like to take this off the forum, please feel free to contact me directly, EVERYONE has my email address now..
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 01-03-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildo
Yeah, thanks for that, I believe I had mentioned the WWW on page 3 of this discussion. I was pointing out that it was down, and lo and behold further down the page someone has chipped in and noted that it was being upgraded.

Do you have any more answers to the points I raised as a sponsor?

I keep getting phone calls and have been mailed an Invitation but still as a potential sponsor considering at least a week out of my workshop, transport to and from and the rest of the costs I need to know WHATS IN IT FOR ME?

One email I recieved also displayed every other address on your mailing list, and mine to every other person, is this the standard of organisation I should expect?

Sponsorship is a 2 way deal, tell me what Im getting for my $$$$$$

How hard is it to explain that?

If you would like to take this off the forum, please feel free to contact me directly, EVERYONE has my email address now..
Any sponsorship questions would have to be directed to: jamboree@queenslandjeepers.com.au
I do the website, not sponsorship.
Old 01-03-2006
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks mate, will do.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Post New Thread  Reply