WK2: Hibernator's build up - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default WK2: Hibernator's build up

Hi all,

I should take delivery of a billet silver MY14 overland 5.7 with offroad adventure II pack in the next week, and then will start gradually upgrading it to suit my needs. I have gained some great ideas from others build up threads on here, and will post photos of my own modifications as I go.

Mods list in no particular order:
BFG all terrains
Rock rails
Winch bar (Uneek or ARB) & rope winch
Underbonnet compressor
2nd battery & Anderson plug
Fridge slide
75L LRA aux fuel tank
Roofbars/rack
Exhaust mods
Towbar
LED lightbar
Trailer brake controller
UHF
Rim swap (maybe)

Why the 5.7 and not the diesel? Basically I'm a hoon at heart, and love the V8 burble . might need to replace/remove the rear mufflers to make is sound like it should though.

My current ride is a 2011 200 series VX landcruiser diesel, so the comparasin between the two will be interesting. Just couldnt justify $100k+ on another new VX cruiser that has less features than the overland.

Cheers, Hibernator

MY14 Overland 5.7, rockrails, ARB bar, 10k rope winch, u/bonnet air, UHF, lightbar, Redarc tow-pro
Old 11-11-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 220 Times in 136 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Good to see another convert. I really can't understand how Toyota gets away with their prices. There is so much out there now as you said with more options and are just as reliable these days. Good luck with the build sounds great.
Old 11-11-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default Hibernator's WK2 build up

Congrats Hibernator, you won't regret 1 day of your decision.
Interested to see where you might fit a compressor under the bonnet

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 11-11-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
Congrats Hibernator, you won't regret 1 day of your decision.
Interested to see where you might fit a compressor under the bonnet
This is a tidy solution from Murchison Products http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...compressor-kit
Old 12-11-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, the Murchison products kit looks like a good solution.

Once I pick up the vehicle I want to see what the implications of cutting the shroud at the rear of the engine bay are before I go that way for the compressor. I'm guessing it is no major issue or Stu wouldn't have designed the kit that way.

Certainly less room for extras in a WK2 than in a 200 series cruiser. Just means I will need to be more creative in how I fit everything in.

MY14 Overland 5.7, rockrails, ARB bar, 10k rope winch, u/bonnet air, UHF, lightbar, Redarc tow-pro
Old 12-11-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Welcome aboard, Hibernator!

There's lots of good blokes on this forum, with lots of great ideas. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

You will find the change from the Toyota an interesting one. You will be frustrated at times with the Jeep, as no one should ever expect to buy one that is free of some sort of issue. The bottom line is though that they are a great drive, the V8 burble you will get will be highly satisfying, you will save enough money over the toyota to buy all your mods. You will love it!

And you're getting one at a good time now that some good aftermarket gear is becoming available.

As for the Murchison compressor kit. I accidentally spotted that for the first time yesterday while I was looking for any more pics of his up coming WK2 snorkel. You have to give Stu some kuedos as that is quite a creative solution.
Old 12-11-2013
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Gotta love a Hemi . I would have bought one if finances allowed .
I maybe a hoon at heart too.

No i am a hoon at heart !