Servicing costs? Anyone supply their own filters? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 111 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben76m308 View Post
... has anybody on here gone through the trouble of compiling a list of the part numbers for the filters to make ordering the filters easier?
I'm getting through this.

Diesel Fuel Filter (note where two may be required)
4726067AA FILTER-FUE NEW 42.75 32.06 64.12
Ryco R2745P
Wesfil WCF195 (or two WCF203)
Mann PU7006 (two required)

Engine Air Filter
4861688AA FILTER-AIR 1106B 29.40 22.06 22.06
Ryco A1847
Mann C22029
Wesfil WA5135 (report of bad filtration)

Carbon Lined Cabin Filter
68260792AA FILTER-CAB NEW 34.60 26.00 26.00
Repco RCF684
Ryco RCA242P (not carbon)
Wesfil WACF0154 (not carbon)
Mann CU27008 (carbon?)

Rear Diff Oil (with ELSD)
68083381AA LUBRICANT NEW 54.85 41.13 82.26

Front Wiper Blade (US version! Check)
68082561AA BLADE-FRON NEW 20.00 15.00 15.00

Rear Wiper Blade(US version! Check)
68194936AA BLADE-FRON NEW 34.00 25.50 25.50

All corrections, additions and commentary welcome.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by Barboots; 01-08-2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Bad formatting...
Old 01-08-2017
Established Member

Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
Oil life indicator is explained here, it apparently takes usage patterns into account:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_oil_indicator.htm

In Australia they don't take any notice of the oil life indicator, they just make it 6month/10k intervals (or 12month/20k intervals for 2017+)

There is a bit of info on part numbers in the thread I linked above:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/wk2-a...aus-87414.html

I believe the new wesfil oil filter for the 2014+ CRD is WCO201
My oil change indicator always seemed to work on k,s. After 10,000,s would need changing. Since the s49 update it has changed to 20,000.
This is on a my15.
Trevor
Old 01-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben76m308 View Post
I also noticed the oil change indicator on my car was still showing 60% remaining for the oil when I dropped the car in for service. I assume this is based on time not kilometers?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That is because the "knowledgeable Jeep service department" who is charging you a premium hourly rate. Either does not know how to reset the oil life indicator or just plain did not even know it existed.
Old 01-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post
We regularly cut open oil filters when we service new cars and higher milage cars to check for signs of impending trouble and I can happily state that wesfil filters are amongst the better made filters on the market with lots of media and solid construction like metal end plates that resist buckling when hit with thick cold oil.

Some brands use cardboard ends that are often deformed suggesting that maybe some oil has been sneaking around the media. Some filters have a big housing but a small filter pack held in place. Externally they look the same internally there are sometimes quite a few differences.
Can you point me to some studies or tests that proves how the Wesfil performs against the competition ?

I ask because head office could not even tell me what micron rating the WCF154 model was rated at. Neither is it advertised anywhere. They did ask me for the serial numbers, as there was a recall on some of these.

Last edited by KJ75; 01-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 284 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ75 View Post
Can you point me to some studies or tests that proves how the Wesfil performs against the competition ?

I ask because head office could not even tell me what micron rating the WCF154 model was rated at. Neither is it advertised anywhere. They did ask me for the serial numbers, as there was a recall on some of these.
So you called the office and got the work experience kid, and didn't get a answer.
If you did bit of simple research you would have quickly found out that wesfil/cooper filters has a ISO 9001:2000 ISO/TS 16949:2002 Quality assurance certification and fully warrants the performance of their filters up to repair or replacement of engines or parts that maybe damaged if their filter failed.
Also they are owned by GUD which manufacturers RYCO amongst other brands.

If your read my post correctly I was not recommending any brand just pointing out that their oil filter construction techniques were better than average.
Old 02-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Talking

ISO 9001 certification doesn't mean much if they don't advertise the micron rating of their filter. It should be standard practise to advertise this info.
TAKATA was also an ISO certified Japanese company. Just look at the quality of the airbags they manufactured (lol).
Old 03-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 73 Posts

So just ordered:

Mann Engine Air C22029 - about $50 from an eBay seller in Ireland
Ryco Fuel R2745P and Oil R2737P - $60 with 15% eBay "pitstop" voucher
Repco Carbon Cabin RCF684 - $37

I thought I'd order in the Mann given there's been concern raised (once?) about the filtration performance of the Wesfil, and I don't know if that then translates to the Ryco as I read that Wesfil supplies them??? Probably can't be worse than OEM with a split in the edge

The Repco cabin filter seems to be the only non-OEM filter which is carbon lined, so I has no qualms about paying a bit more for it.

Now for oil, and whether to use the old or new spec. Currently viewing the eye-watering prices for Mobil1 ESP and Rotella T6.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by Barboots; 03-08-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply