Orange Bowl Closed - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2007
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Angry Orange Bowl Closed

For anyone that does any wheelin around Byfield national park just thought I would let you know that the Orange Bowl sand blow has been closed to vehicle access.

This is a shame because it was a great spot to have a play around in soft sand. Apparently closed due to environmental concerns. I reckon it would be due to the idiots that went up there a few weeks ago on a Bucks party and trashed the place with cans and bottles everywhere. It was the worst condition I had ever seen the bowl.

Once again a small minority ruins something for everyone else
Old 10-10-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dont think that is the case hey.
Been a long time coming.

seems like everything is getting shut around rocky.

hope they dont get the new parkhurst tracks near the driving range. Sure they will in time.

Last edited by brooksie; 10-10-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2007
RustysRocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fair call Brooksie.

Just ticked me off to see people being irresponsible like that - I guess I needed to vent. I had never seen the bowl so filthy, and there was about 10 rangers up there planting trees on Sunday so they would have all seen it too.

But they do seem to be closing all tracks around here. I haven't been out the Igloos since I was chased out while riding my dirt bike there a few years ago, but that used to be good fun too.

I haven't been up those tracks near the driving range you speak of; is that up past that house with the dragon built on the roof?

Theres the powerline tracks up Nerimbra still open but they're not very challenging in the dry (I haven't ever attempted them in wet, reckon that might be a bit hard).

a bloke from Ergon told me there's a few decent tracks around the base of Mt Morgan range but I think you have to access private property to get there so thats out too

Know any other good spots close to town?
Old 11-10-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is spots around.. Not overally challening.

been going to the quarry at Parkhurst a bit lately just for a afternoon play... Pretty much only one hill i wont touch there.
the tracks that use to start at the ambulance station where good. But now closed and fenced off.

the tracks at Parkhurst are down the road the pub is on and then you come to a bridge instead of doing the tracks that go to yeppoon rd go left and there is tracks all in that creek bed. Not overly tough but a good little play when bored.

apparently there is some good ones in a quarry out at the caves which ill find out about soon.

apart from that all i know really... Starting to make my own out near my house at glenlee
Old 12-10-2007
RustysRocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

cheers mate,

I will have to get out there and have a look at the ones down behind the pub, I know where you are talking about.

There were a few old tracks that I used to ride my dirt bike from Glenlee out to the Caves that were alright, but I haven't been down there in ages - it went off the road out the back of Glenlee, and through some tracks, up the old highway and then across the highway and up along the railway line pretty much right up to the Caves pub. There were a few steep hill climbs out near the caves as well and some tracks through old creek beds - its just been so long since I went out there I can't remember exactly where the turn offs were.

Should go for an explore out there one weekend and finish off at the caves pub for a coldie...
Post New Thread  Reply