New WJ 2.7 CRD Owner & Few Questions - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2014
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDatia View Post
I can feel that the turbo kicks in about 2100rpm, where it should be more like 1500-1600 rpm. If I am not mistaken, the max torq is @1600 rpm. Once it is on, the power is good, no smoking under hard accelleration, or cutting off, no check engine light. But turbo lack is annoying in city driving.
2100 seems very late, a boost gauge will tell you what is happening here.

Quote:
I did notice a hissing sound from the westgate selenoid vacuum transducer when I turn the engine off, as there is a leak.
This is normal, they all seem to do it.

Quote:
I swapped the part with the EGR vacuum transducer, and hissing is gone, well it moved to the EGR This didn't cure my late turbo problem, but created a bit of rough idle when engine is cold. So this part will be changed anyways.
When I give gas while stationary, I see that the westgate selonoid moves, but on high rpms.
I'm not sure the EGR valve works the same way as the waste gate control valve, maybe this is part of your problem here.

Quote:

Can a fellow 2.7 owner can check at what rpm their wastegate selonoid is moving while the car is stationary?
I wonder if the waste gate is a little sticky or the vanes are a bit clogged with carbon which is what creates this problem?

If you have a handheld vacuum pump you'll be able to check to see if the waste gate is working correctly, you'll also be able to see the require level of vacuum.
Old 27-03-2014
Rock Munki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
I haven't hooked anything to mine yet. I do have the torque pro app but haven't tried it on the Jeep. Drover did and may enlighten you. From memory it will read boost and coolant temp but that's about it. None of those cheap scan tools will read or clear codes. I hooked up a dedicated boost gauge and EGT gauge but have only driven with the EGT gauge so far.
The Torque Pro app will show you the boost pressure, inlet air temp, revs etc, pretty basic stuff.
Old 28-03-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,943 Times in 2,328 Posts

Torque Pro will give you, Coolant temp, boost, air temp, revs,volts and may show some codes, it doesn't show tranny temps, egr info etc, pretty basic but better than some, a tranny temp does come up but it mirrors the coolant mostly. , I haven't checked the latest updates yet .

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 30-03-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quick update to the problem, today i disconnected the MAF sensor and took it for a spin, it felt much more responsive! The power delivery was smoother at low revs, before i got a kick on the back at 2100rpm, now a more progressive delivery, starting about 1400rpm. It felt like the max torq was about 1800rpm. Ofcourse the numbers are not very accurate, it is how i felt. I shall still check the boost levels with either a gauge or scanner before getting a new MAF.

The price of a sensor is about 300euros on the internet, i didnt have time to check more in depth, does this sound right?
Old 30-03-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Quick update to the problem, today i disconnected the MAF sensor and took it for a spin, it felt much more responsive! The power delivery was smoother at low revs, before i got a kick on the back at 2100rpm, now a more progressive delivery, starting about 1400rpm. It felt like the max torq was about 1800rpm. Ofcourse the numbers are not very accurate, it is how i felt. I shall still check the boost levels with either a gauge or scanner before getting a new MAF.

The price of a sensor is about 300euros on the internet, i didnt have time to check more in depth, does this sound right?
These ones are a little cheaper. Did you try cleaning yours first.
Old 30-03-2014
Rock Munki

Here is another option.

http://europarts-SD.com/mfg-subcat-i...D=102&scID=181
Old 30-03-2014
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I tried cleaning with electric contact cleaner and compressed air, but no luck. If it is the original maf on it, probably best to change it.

Is there any other way to clean it?
Post New Thread  Reply