Hey R/C Dudes - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Radio Controlled JEEP Action
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-04-2003
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

Wouldn't mind getting into the R/C stuff. 4WD of course preferably a Jeep. Where do I start and what should I look for? What would be a good one for the first time buyer to get?
Old 15-04-2003
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

PPL say not to go with nitro but i recon it ROCKS, although a bit messier and harder to maintain etc IY is just so much more powerfull and you can just add some more fuel and off you go.
Old 15-04-2003
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

Gotta agreee with Deane mate, nitro are definately a HEAP o fun but a bit messy and can be a bit frustrating for a beginner. If you wanna go nitro though have a look at the TRAXXS R/C's as they have taken alot of the frustration out of the nitro guys. They also do the T-MAXX(nitro) and the E-MAXX (elec), which are both pretty well compared in power and torque which is what you usally loose with an elec car, the torque I mean.
As for actual R/C it all depends on whjat you want to use it for? Is it going to be a FUN rig, a Rockcrawler, a high speed or a mix of a few of these. If you want a mixed standard go for something like the older Tamiya Clodbuster or similar, they now do one called the TX-1 or the Kyosho USA-1 (thought you'd like that one). I run 4 MP-6 Kyosho 4wd buggies which are suited better for high speed gravel, jumps and racing (my passion).
The intall out lay can be expensive but once you've spent the money you don't have to keep buying stuff, only if you break it or want to upgrade a bit. Try E-Bay there are a heap of great R/C's on there and won't cost you heaps if you want to upgrade to a different R/C later on.
Steve be warned that these things can get as bad as Jeeps, you can get hooked real easy.
Here's a few links to help you make up your mind bud.

Outer limits Tech talk. These guys know rockcrawling in AUS.
TRAXXAS, great R/C's.
Kyosho, good R/C manufacturer.
Tamiya, just for something else.
R/C Action, great magazine on all things R/C.

Hope all this helps Steve, would love to know what you get mate.

[img]graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
Old 15-04-2003
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

Maybe I should just buy one of those $9.95 ones from Red Dot! ;) Hmmmm as bad as Jeeps eh? Maybe I should look at this like the smoking ads: "Wouldn't it be easier to stop BEFORE you start?" This sounds dangerous! But thanks for the links LEXXus I'll check 'em out.

BTW I was looking at more of mixture for one. I mean I have a Jeep so something with a bit of speed would be cool.

[ 15 April 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Steve ]
Old 15-04-2003
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

Bro get a Tmaxx Im on my 2nd and love it if you want to see what it can do check out the vids on my sight www.rcmonsterzone.com/
The vids are of my TMaxx 1 and you see me kill my Hummer body [img]smile.gif[/img] .
I have a new Tmaxx 2 now I just picked up my jeep body for it today.
When I finish it Ill post some pic for you.
The Tmaxx is a ready to run kit so just add fuel and start running in 5 tanks later your ready for fun! but if you want to race (I do I once a month)you will have to go for a 4X4 buggy
they are fun too! let me know if you want more info Iv been doing it for a bit now...where do you live? I know most of the shops around....
Old 15-04-2003
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

Hey Badjedi, noticed you are in Melb, you part of the Monash club? Would love to see ya T-Maxxs bud, been looking at getting one for a while now. The Jeep body for those guys are GREAT would highly recommed these Steve.
Old 15-04-2003
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey R/C Dudes

So seeing how I'm a yank and have all my family in the US I assume like everything else it'd probably be cheaper to source an RC in the US? What are we looking at for price for the above mentioned RC's? $600?

Seeing how I live in No man's land 400 clicks north of Perth that Stanbridge's Hobby Shop in Perth would be my best local source for all things RC?
Post New Thread  Reply