Rear Track Bar Brackets? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
Flexy coils are fantastic. Highly recommend them for ride and lift. Only negative but only a small one is that on full compression, due to the shorter spacing of the coils at the bottom, they tend to squeal (metal rubbing sound) as they flex on wombat holes for example. Not a biggy and won't damage but worth noting but as I said they perform brilliantly...
This doesn't 'sound' normal but there isn't much room in there. Depending on what the coil is hitting, we do have coil wrap thingoes with contact adhesive on them that you can slide over the part of the coil that is rubbing on something.

Cheers
Shane
Suspension Stuff
1300 048 991
Old 06-03-2013
not just a web wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black thunder View Post
From what I have read synergy coils are made for the usa market that dont have crd motors so they sag substantially ( just google ) flexy are designed for the extra weight
Stu can set you up or shane at suspension stuff
Not necessarily black thunder im sorry. We have had some to compensate for the extra weight of an Aus spec bar (heavier) and winch .

We have had all brands of springs through the workshop. You will see the drivers side lean will develop and factory rakes do develop especially with the heavier bars on the market.
With our bar and the crd we dont add spacers, but with an AEV or ARB esp with a winch with wire we do.
The flipside is that the springs that apparently cater for all this extra weight ride firmly in my opinion. But what rides well in my opinion will be different to most. And all we drive here are JKs.
Old 06-03-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by double black offroad View Post
Not necessarily black thunder im sorry. We have had some to compensate for the extra weight of an Aus spec bar (heavier) and winch .

We have had all brands of springs through the workshop. You will see the drivers side lean will develop and factory rakes do develop especially with the heavier bars on the market.
With our bar and the crd we dont add spacers, but with an AEV or ARB esp with a winch with wire we do.
The flipside is that the springs that apparently cater for all this extra weight ride firmly in my opinion. But what rides well in my opinion will be different to most. And all we drive here are JKs.
Oh ok I stand corrected oops

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 06-03-2013
asp_777
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspension Stuff View Post
This doesn't 'sound' normal but there isn't much room in there. Depending on what the coil is hitting, we do have coil wrap thingoes with contact adhesive on them that you can slide over the part of the coil that is rubbing on something.

Cheers
Shane
Suspension Stuff
1300 048 991
Shane
As I said I love the feel and ride. smooth, no bump or shudder what so ever, I would be reluctant to change anything. It's that I think the lower rings of the front coils rub against each other on full compression while negotiating ruts for instance they "squeal". It only occurs for a moment but is definitely there. Like I said it happens only .00000001% of the time and I am extreamily happy with suspension stuff coils.
I also have steel front bar and steel cabled winch plus 68l aux fuel tank and after nearly 5 months, from brand new vehicle, I see no notable drop in lift or performance. Excellent.
Old 06-03-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
Shane
As I said I love the feel and ride. smooth, no bump or shudder what so ever, I would be reluctant to change anything. It's that I think the lower rings of the front coils rub against each other on full compression while negotiating ruts for instance they "squeal". It only occurs for a moment but is definitely there. Like I said it happens only .00000001% of the time and I am extreamily happy with suspension stuff coils.
I also have steel front bar and steel cabled winch plus 68l aux fuel tank and after nearly 5 months, from brand new vehicle, I see no notable drop in lift or performance. Excellent.
Ok, shoot us an email requesting a pair of wraps and I will send some out to you.
Post New Thread  Reply