Pulleys for 2.8CRD - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts

Have a look at jeepchryslerparts in the UK. Decent prices, original VM motori parts, fast postage.
I have replaced every pulley and the viscous fan clutch on my 07 CRD. Knee jerk reaction. All the parts except the over run pulley (********** and the tensioner were still in perfect condition .
Must have got really special VM MOTORI tensioners on mine, first one went to 140K before it started to rattle, second one is at 250 without any issues.
Cam belts at 100 and 200 looked like new ones.
Old water pump at 200 looks great, bearings feel good.
The motor gets looked after, has been tuned and EGR deleted, catch can fitted and gets thrashed.
Idler and overrun pulleys were NULINE..

Last edited by mick666; 06-04-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick666 View Post
Have a look at jeepchryslerparts in the UK. Decent prices, original VM motori parts, fast postage.
I have replaced every pulley and the viscous fan clutch on my 07 CRD. Knee jerk reaction. All the parts except the over run pulley (********** and the tensioner were still in perfect condition .
Must have got really special VM MOTORI tensioners on mine, first one went to 140K before it started to rattle, second one is at 250 without any issues.
Cam belts at 100 and 200 looked like new ones.
Old water pump at 200 looks great, bearings feel good.
The motor gets looked after, has been tuned and EGR deleted, catch can fitted and gets thrashed.
Idler and overrun pulleys were NULINE..

Well thats encouraging
Got 115,000km's out of Serp. belt tensioner before it went .... you've got me thinking about that overrun pulley on the alternator now
Although it seems OK and battery's getting charged at correct voltage.
Got a part number ?
Jk's done 140,000km and was considering pulleys maybe for next year at 150,000km or wait till 160,000 km

Are you still on original injectors ?
Auto or Manual ... if manual what did you get out of your clutch ?
Old 07-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts

Hi RLT

Nuline / Dayco OAP 055. Dont stress, it will start clicking and chattering as it starts to fail, wont stop you instantly.

Auto with trans cooler.

original injectors.

If yours is 07/08 keep an eye on electrical issues caused by the TIPM (fuse box) Mine stopped instantly when the fuel pump relay died!!
Old 07-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Mines a 2007 Feb build

So how did you resolve the fuel pump relay issue
Was it just a fuse replacement or a relay external to the box situated .... ?

Also are you still on your original steering box ???
Been a couple of Jk's the same year as mine in area, that have had seals go and had to replace the box

Getting that paranoia feeling again

Last edited by RLT; 08-04-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeJK View Post
Hi Lawrence,

Could you please make a phone call to JNL Engineering in Camberley, ph: (0) 1276 63278, and ask if they can still get the fan pulley from VM, part No 10512060F? I can't see why they would discontinue the part.

The torque for the accessory belt tensioner bolt is 55Nm (40 ft. lbs.) by the book.

Eugene
Called JNL this morning
Still available " in limited quantities" at £273.00 ...... $500 Australian
Old 29-07-2021
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

I learned a lot form this form adding my 2C for someone who may find this useful for JK CRD pulley replacement. For following pulleys

Top left idler pulley
Tensioner pulley

There is no need to buy new pulleys. The bearing can be replaced with Repco bearing part # 6203-2RS at $8.50 My bearing were very sloppy at 180,000km

I removed the two pulleys and put in the oven at 200C for 10 minutes. This help the pulley to expand making the bearing removal easy. I used large socket that fit around the outer lip of the bearing. Slowly tap out the bearing using a hammer then tap in the new bearing.

Top right idler pulley mopar part 68027603AA is expensive. The bearing in this pulley is made in France. I ordered a ebay equivalent at $30 waiting to see if good enough quality to put on the jeep.

Last edited by papercat; 29-07-2021 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Post New Thread  Reply