Grand cherokee pics share them (ZJ/WJ) - Page 138 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Grand cherokee pics share them

Did a trip with my local 4wd club on the Australia Day long weekend. It was at the base on the western side of the range about 80kms south west of Sarina (south of Mackay Qld). The club has a great relationship with many of the large cattle stations in this area. There is permanent water in one of the waterways (Boothill Creek) where we camped and there were a few Sooty Grunter and a large Saratoga caught by one of the members fishing from his kayak. It was misty rain for all of Sunday but dried up for Monday. The tracks were nice and greasy and it felt great to get the car dirty.
This was my first trip out with the Goanna Lokka in the rear and from the "mild" offroading on this trip I could definitely feel them in action so I can't wait to put them to the test properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy shores jan 2014 859.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	66423   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy shores jan 2014 899.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	66424   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy shores jan 2014 891.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	66426   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy shores jan 2014 889.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	66427   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy shores jan 2014 913.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	66428  

Old 01-02-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygrodd View Post
Did a trip with my local 4wd club on the Australia Day long weekend. It was at the base on the western side of the range about 80kms south west of Sarina (south of Mackay Qld). The club has a great relationship with many of the large cattle stations in this area. There is permanent water in one of the waterways (Boothill Creek) where we camped and there were a few Sooty Grunter and a large Saratoga caught by one of the members fishing from his kayak. It was misty rain for all of Sunday but dried up for Monday. The tracks were nice and greasy and it felt great to get the car dirty.
This was my first trip out with the Goanna Lokka in the rear and from the "mild" offroading on this trip I could definitely feel them in action so I can't wait to put them to the test properly.
Sounds like a great trip mate, but is there any chance that you could upload some photos that you don't need a microscope to view?!

Your photos are only ~50kB. FYI - you can upload photos almost 4x the size @ 195kB.

Cheers,
Hanna
Old 05-02-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default The new and Imporved WG Standing Tall and Proud

Well kind of been giving the old Pay Pal a hiding of late, the wife, neighbours have been asking all sorts of questions as everyone from Fed-ex ,ebay, aussie post have been rolling up dropping little( well some not so little or light) at the door for the last few months as I have been doing my research.. Well enough said some pictures Please..

Before I started

Out with the old in with the new!!

New Flatland bumper just needs a powdercoat

So she stands a little taller and Prouder..

2005 WG Grand Cherokee
Cheers
Old 05-02-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Hey Redman that looks awesome.
I would love to get some details of all the new goodies and in particular regarding how difficult/easy the fitting of the new a-frame set-up was. My a-frame bushes are toast and don't know if is doable at home or if I need to put it in a shop.
Has your rig's drive and capability improved?
All that's left now is to get out there and get it all dirty, good job mate
Old 05-02-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Hey Budd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygrodd View Post
Hey Redman that looks awesome.
I would love to get some details of all the new goodies and in particular regarding how difficult/easy the fitting of the new a-frame set-up was. My a-frame bushes are toast and don't know if is doable at home or if I need to put it in a shop.
Has your rig's drive and capability improved?
All that's left now is to get out there and get it all dirty, good job mate
Well all I had was a good trolly-jack and 2 good axle stands, and today I got out of bed at 4.50am ( just got back from FIFO so body clock got me up), Jumped on the Internet and updated the Superchips Programmer, snuck outside and programmed the girl in the carport, ( finally a speedo that reads true with bigger tyres) Had a coffer waiting till I can MAKE NOISE!!! and then got into it, Front end first, Off with the old and in went New 2" springs ( left the 2" budget boost in) 4" swaybar links, new Bilstein shocks, new adjustable lower, and upper control arms, new adj track bar. Now the Original a arm is a bit of a Bee-arch to get to the bolts, but doable, the new A Arm looks smick and simple to do, Rear got the same treatment as the front.
Are you WA Local or one of those Mexicans?? hahahaha

I love the look of her now and yes she needs some dirt on all those new bits. I dropped it down on the ground as directed drove back and forth in the yard and then went and did all the bolts up nice and tight..
Went for a drive expecting her to throw one of those awesome Death Wobbles but got up to 130km and all great..
Cheers.

2005 WG Grand Cherokee
Cheers
Old 05-02-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

How did you find those spring compressors Redman? Have used the same ones a couple of times and I get really worried with the way they bend!
Old 06-02-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Coming up really nice Redman!