Grand cherokee pics share them (ZJ/WJ) - Page 130 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalais07 View Post
Just a Few I have taking today with the new camera. Only a novice.

Pity can only upload 5 at a time. How do I make them bigger instead of the thumbnail size ?
Check out this very good pic insertion instructional thread. Should be right if you follow the info.

Posting Pictures on AJOR
Old 08-09-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bit early in the morning, But I just used a different way for now lol.
Still getting over my late night last night which I haven't done in a few
years... The bumpers are still pretty good from when I did use that restore
stuff awhile ago. Will need to do again soon as its slowly fading but I'm happy
with how long it lasts.

Going to take some more today on a bigger incline. All while this is in my mothers yard LOL.

Old 08-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Rock Solid bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobz View Post
Which front bar is that OMGr?

Nice one. Yes, thanks for sharing.

More people should whack up their GC pics and vid

Gidday Hoobz
The bar is a Rock Solid bar. I got it from Wooders - after insurance claim when I tore the original off backing down a sand dune on Fraser Island. The original bumper acted like a grader blade in reverse and the weight of the sand was too much for the flimsy plastic bumper.
I really like the look of the bar but the recovery points are on top, pre-drilled holes that I had to bolt the hooks onto. The first time I used them was to snatch a vehicle that was bogged in front of me which resulted in a downward pull that changed the alignment of the bar. I'm getting an engineer mate to have a look to see if he can put recovery points lower somewhere. Other than that it's great.
Old 08-09-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love that bar. ^^^ one day maybe lol
Old 08-09-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygrodd View Post
Gidday Hoobz
The bar is a Rock Solid bar. I got it from Wooders - after insurance claim when I tore the original off backing down a sand dune on Fraser Island. The original bumper acted like a grader blade in reverse and the weight of the sand was too much for the flimsy plastic bumper.
I really like the look of the bar but the recovery points are on top, pre-drilled holes that I had to bolt the hooks onto. The first time I used them was to snatch a vehicle that was bogged in front of me which resulted in a downward pull that changed the alignment of the bar. I'm getting an engineer mate to have a look to see if he can put recovery points lower somewhere. Other than that it's great.
Given how much the bar flexed on it's mounts when you tapped that rock I would not be keen to use the recovery hooks mounted on top. I would definitely be looking at a better mounting for them if possible.
Old 08-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Default rock solid flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Given how much the bar flexed on it's mounts when you tapped that rock I would not be keen to use the recovery hooks mounted on top. I would definitely be looking at a better mounting for them if possible.
Gidday Fester
Yeah it flexed big. Fortunately all of the impact was on the bottom edge of the right hand winch cable roller. The bar is better aligned now than it was before. If you see the bar on-line it has recovery loops integrated that project forward either side of the fairlead which would make for a pull forward rather than forward and down. So don't know why this is different with the holes for the hooks. Anyway if my engineer mate can come up with a solution I'll post up some pics.
Thanks for taking the interest.
Old 08-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalais07 View Post
Love that bar. ^^^ one day maybe lol
Gidday07 Kalais
I really like the bar too except for those few points mentioned.
I love the pics you've posted, your car is looking sweet and the different angles of taking the pics certainly presents the car well mate.