Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you! - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-05-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffomarinus View Post
That is exactly why I suggest to anyone that if they ask for something to be checked out during a service that this request is listed in the invoice/work order you receive when you pick up the vehicle. I requested three times that a Jeep dealership check out the reason/cause of a slow leak from my windscreen washer reservoir, all during the warranty period. Each time they "weren't able to find the leak" but topped up the reservoir. Nothing noted in my vehicles service record.

First service at a new dealership and, coincidently, the first one out of the warranty period, a crack was found in the washer reservoir and because it is now outside the warranty period, customer to pay. Price for a new one.........around the $1000 mark!

Once I got back up off the floor I explained that I had raised this issue previously X3, their response was that as that there was no record of it being raised it was not going to be covered.

Once I got home I emailed Jeep and raised it with them. It took quite some time (01 Feb 17 to 07 Apr 17) but I was finally able to talk to a very reasonable person from Jeep Australia and the points I relied on were the following:

1. I had previously raised the issue 3X but acknowledged that I had no evidence of this.

2. It is reasonable for a consumer to expect that a plastic container costing $1000 should last FOREVER (the only time a ridiculously high price for a car part has worked for me).

3. That there was plenty of evidence that the failure of my washer bottle was not an isolated incident.

It was replaced under goodwill.

Final word - Make sure your concern/fault/issue is noted, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

For sure, make sure everything done during the warranty period is recorded. And keep any texts of appointments etc as records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherren View Post
Email please thanks
I'm bumping this, conveniently the FCA website Complaints form is throwing a 502 Bad Gateway. Anyone got a email for FCA customer service now Robert Lawson has left?
Old 08-12-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 369 Times in 209 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I was able to open the complaint form about 10 minutes ago without getting the 502 bad gateway message.
Old 08-12-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Laredo View Post
I was able to open the complaint form about 10 minutes ago without getting the 502 bad gateway message.
Hi TR Laredo,

I used the link from other thread thanks, no problem opening form get the 502 error when I submit
Old 29-01-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprod View Post
Well FCA has come to the party and is covering the cost of the new water pump. I must give them credit, they’ve been pretty easy to deal with and reached a decision pretty quickly. I would have preferred labour costs to be covered too of course but given the circumstances and the fact that I have run out of energy to keep battling the dealership, I’m happy to leave it at that. At least someone was willing to listen to me.

It appears on this occasion that the weak link is the dealership. Exacerbated by their ultra-defensive attitude and poor customer service.

Now to find a mechanic that actually knows a thing or two about Jeeps.

So recently going through the garage I came across the original invoice which demonstrates that I raised this issue well inside warranty period and it is even notated ‘warranty’ by the dealership.

After calling the dealership to find they no longer exist I was forced to write to FCA demanding a full refund for everything I paid over this issue, minus the reparations they had already made. I provided the proof, as well as the service history the dealer gave me in 2017 after 2 months of asking. This service history looked to have had details which would have proved my case in the first place, deliberately omitted. Here is what ‘Jason’ at FCA said in his email to me on Friday:

Dear Mr Meyer,

Thank you for your recent email.

I have referred this case onto our technical assistance team to review the matter and provide some further assistance.

We assure you that FCA is committed to complying with its obligations under the applicable consumer laws in Australia.

FCA management has reviewed the circumstances of your request for goodwill assistance, and advises you that FCA will cover 50% of the cost of parts only relating to the repairs of your vehicle, and 50% of parts as well as 100% of the cost of labour will be payable by you.

This decision is based upon the vehicle being outside of manufacturer’s warranty by time.

This decision is final, and FCA considers the matter to be closed.

FCA also acknowledges that should you not be satisfied with the resolution, you may consider pursuing this matter further through external avenues of recourse such as relevant Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs bodies in your state, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and/or seeking legal advice.

Yours sincerely,

Jason
FCA Customer Assistance

I actually had to call today to have the email translated, but essentially FCA are treating it as ‘outside of warranty by time’ as opposed to the warranty issue I have proved it to be.

It’s just beyond frustrating that they will so brazenly avoid their responsibilities. I spoke to this ‘jason’ on the phone today and he could not give me anything specific outside the script he quite clearly is told to keep to, which only adds to the frustration.

I visited Ashton’s website but it just appears to direct me to filing another complaint with FCA which I know will go nowhere, so over a matter of $711, I’ve lodged a complaint with Access Canberra Fair Trading (the consumer affairs body in the ACT).

It’s quite unbelievable it’s come to this. I had to hide my fury on the phone today because I know it’s not this poor ‘Jason’s fault, but their complete unwillingness to share even the most basic logic or acknowledge that it’s a warranty issue rather than ‘good will’ as they put it just grinds my gears.

Good will is something Jeep and FCA are completely devoid of.

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 29-01-2019

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprod View Post
Good will is something Jeep and FCA are completely devoid of.
Yep. I’ve seen no improvement from the dealerships since FCA started claiming they give a shit. In my view they need to gut the dealer network and rebuild it from scratch. The current crop just don’t get it, plain and simple.
Old 30-01-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts

Hi All

I to have had terrible experiences with Jeep Service centers and other Jeep experts centers in North Brisbane who claim to be the experts, i have had more damage done than what it originally went in for then told its just a coincidence. I now go to ICar who are great and knowledgeable on my jeep plus allow me to purchase my parts in the US and they install so a win win. Ausjeep has helped me a lot in diagnosing any issues with the KJ and I use RockAuto for my parts which are def quicker than ordering through Jeep Spare Parts.
See you at the Jamboree
Post New Thread  Reply