Work shop for ls swap? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2014
JEEPOHOLIC

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your best bet is to ship your JK to Melbourne.

Andrew Dyer at Dyers Automtive is best in Jeep engine conversions or Jeep Konnection. They have done the Ls conversions on JK and know all the tips and tricks.

Save yourself time and headaches and let people do who have done it in the past.

You will love the LS conversion and Motech next generation kit is just simple plug and play.
Old 15-12-2014
Established Member

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

The LS is a great fit in to the JK, there is a few things that are a little tricky to sort out but if you have done conversions and wiring before it should be straight forward. I used the motech install kit for RHD vehicles, to be honest the kit is half done for RHD vehicles and you will need to remake a lot of brackets and extend nearly all the interior wiring and some engine bay terminations. Instructions are useless, but once you have compete one it is reasonable straight forward so the shops should be able to complete ok.
Old 16-12-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts

Talk to Wayne at Jeepford at the Goldcoast. He does V8 conversions.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Old 16-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys. Have just seen my name pop up. You dont need a 6l80e box you can save you dollors and use the 4l60e. And I agree that the motec kit is half done.
Old 16-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudyJK View Post
I am almost finished my install, been having issues with the kit supplier and missing components.... It has been 7 months since I started the project.
I put in a 6.0 chev with 6L80e transmission in to a 2007 JKU rubicon.
What transfer case have you gone for behind the 6l80e.
Old 16-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick666 View Post
people in australia can actually put 6 litre chev motors into jks??
I am starting to get somewhat excited
Where and how much $$$????
Mick you can put a 6.2 in if you like. 6.0 with a blower in Qld. Thats in 4 door.
Old 16-12-2014
Established Member

Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get a turbo system fabricated? I've never found the 3.8 lacking in the technical stuff. On the highway another 30kW would be nice and wouldn't break the bank. Sadly Vicroads and EPA are complete ********s when it comes to that kind of mod.
Post New Thread  Reply