Dont let the government ban 4wd'ing. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2010
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Dont let the government ban 4wd'ing.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/
Old 13-10-2010
westside wheeler

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

its all becoming a bit of a joke, its been crap up here in QLD for a few years now, looks like the are doing the same aust wide. the copes tryed to ping me and 33's on a patrol wagon a few months back. the things are tiny. pisses me off.
Old 13-10-2010
Original Mexican Mafia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah. Just cause its not your state doesnt mean it wont have any effect on you. Really need to spread the word.
Old 13-10-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agree 100% with the don't ban 4WDing.
Yes at the moment it seems to be only related to NSW but I am sure other states will catch on.

The 50mm rule is crap.

I bet you the people who make these stupid rules do not drive a 4WD at all and would not even know how to use them. What they fail to say is that upgrading the suspension/tyres actually makes the car safer (in most cases) than the stock OEM stuff.

And don't get me started about the Bull Bar crap.
Old 13-10-2010
Norwegian Racing Sardine

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sent my letter a couple of days ago and Cc'd the 4WD Action email in that I receive my notifications from; that email address bounced back and I haven't yet found a valid address for 4WD Action, if anyone knows can they please share?
Old 13-10-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

In that 4wdaction site they mention they can not get any information on what the new version will contain - a 5 second search and I found this:

http://www.andrewstoner.com.au/image...VSI-50_Doc.pdf

This doc is the apparent latest (july 2010) version that is intended to be actioned this month.

Pretty much what QLD already has.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 13-10-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tell me if im reading it wrong 50mm lift is fine, up to 150mm is fine with an engineers sign off with possible conditions on the rego and over 150mm is not allowed.

this doesnt include tyres, its suspension or body lift only. To me 150mm is way bigger than any sane person needs or should drive with on the road so i really dont see the issue.

How is it trying to ban 4wding? Looks like a hyped up situation, that video is a wank they havent gone behind anyones back as claimed in the video. Maybe if they presented a case to why they want to oppose it what they would like to see in place as an alternative before you can take that pack of cock heads seriously. Its almost like a today tonight story, no facts just a bit of emotion.

Last edited by bigredtj; 13-10-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added a comma to indicate i was including body lifts and suspension
Post New Thread  Reply