Grand cherokee pics share them (ZJ/WJ) - Page 149 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-06-2014
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sweet, Thanks. I don't think I'll be as lucky to get an original one, so will go el cheapo eBay Falcon, me thinks.

Cheers
Old 09-07-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Recent trip to Five Rocks Byfield NP

Went on a 4 day trip to Byfield NP just north of Yeppoon near Rockhampton in Central Qld with some friends from my local 4wd club. Here are a few pics from that trip.

The view from the door of our camp trailer, what a way to greet the morning

No reason to miss out on fine dining when camping, spit roast chicken and pork, hard to beat.

Playing in an un-named sandbowl near Corio Bay off Nine Mile Beach. The WG was brilliant on the dunes and lead the way compared to the mates' big heavy V8 troopy and dual cab Navara

The other cars along for the trip

Fishing at Corio Bay we caught a swag of tastey whiting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 022.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	68713   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 034.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	68714   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 044.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	68715   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 049.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	68716   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 076.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	68717  

Old 09-07-2014
CrawlerStar

Default Five Rocks Byfield NP part 2

Amazing orange sands and that's grey pumice stone all piled up in front of the car

Another shot at Corio Bay

A couple of flex shots. I had a little extra grip on the seat when the left rear tyre came off the ground which reminded me that with the auto loacker now in place it doesn't stop going forward anymore when one wheel comes up

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 105.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	68718   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 102.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	68719   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 089.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	68720   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 058.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	68721   Click image for larger version

Name:	byfield 190614 059.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	68722  

Old 10-07-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Nice, Byfield is on my list.
Old 10-07-2014
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Ohmygrodd, nice photos. What days were u there? We were up at five rocks on saturday just gone, set up for the day in ninemile at the fresh water creek. Ill post my pics up later tonight.

That sandbowl is actually called the queen mary as well. A couple months ago my jeep was the only one that could make it to the top
Old 10-07-2014
CrawlerStar

Thanks Benno, yep certainly a place worth getting to if you can. When we went the dune tracks in were damp about an inch under the top so easy to travel on. I've heard that it turns to powder after periods of no rain so get some local advice beforehand and be ready to drop your pressures.
Gidday Kayezy, we were there from 19 to 22 June inclusive. The sandbowl was awesome and the jeep flogged the other two cars in there. I got some footage that I hope to upload soon and will put on here. Look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 10-07-2014
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Yes it can turn to powder very quickly. Ive had my my14 for a year now and have been up 7 or 8 times, never had trouble getting up but we always drop pressures to a minimum of 18psi. One of those times included a 42degree day with no rain for ages, sand was so hot, plenty of cars getting stuck but the jeep powers through on the soft sand. Wont get my pics up tonight as im about to head to work, will post them up when i can.
Post New Thread  Reply