Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 256 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydanrogers View Post
I am also deciding on these rims for mine. I would like to see if anyone has any photos of the 16x8 with +6 offset. I would very much like to see how far out they stick over stock.
I get abit confused with the offset thing but I think OEM rims 17x7.5 are a +44, so +6 would stick out a fair bit. I just got dynamics +30 17x8 and will be getting them fitted shortly

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 15-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
Certainly does help TheoB, many thanks.

Haha, not looking to open the Tyre debate in the slightest.

Did you pick up from port or organise a courier? I've checked out the USAtoAUS site before, not clear on whether their shipping quote includes clearing everything at port - ie brokerage, unpacking fees etc.

Did you just pay $35 a wheel plus GST and then freight from port to your door or were there other costs involved?
They only are port to port, then you either collect or make your own arrangements, but yes all are included (nothing else - no hidden costs)
http://usatoaus.com/Login.aspx

Everyone is open to do what they wish, but as we know most US suppliers include free shipping to the 48 states, so I bought a whole bunch of stuff from various shops, then arranged for them all to be consolidated at the Washington State depot of USAtoAUS then when they all arrived and I was thru shopping I sent them an email and it got loaded onto the next avail container - the wait sort of kills you, but there can be some good savings.

Last edited by TheoB; 15-12-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 16-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoB View Post
They only are port to port, then you either collect or make your own arrangements, but yes all are included (nothing else - no hidden costs)
http://usatoaus.com/Login.aspx

Everyone is open to do what they wish, but as we know most US suppliers include free shipping to the 48 states, so I bought a whole bunch of stuff from various shops, then arranged for them all to be consolidated at the Washington State depot of USAtoAUS then when they all arrived and I was thru shopping I sent them an email and it got loaded onto the next avail container - the wait sort of kills you, but there can be some good savings.
I bought half doors using USAtoAUS, the freight and customs clearance all combined came out to about $330. Many customs brokers will charge you over $700 just for customs clearance alone not including freight.

The easiest part was driving over with my order number and just packing the boxes in the back.

Considering all the pitfalls and rip offs in the industry USAtoAUS are just about the biggest godsend there is.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 16-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
I bought half doors using USAtoAUS, the freight and customs clearance all combined came out to about $330. Many customs brokers will charge you over $700 just for customs clearance alone not including freight.

The easiest part was driving over with my order number and just packing the boxes in the back.

Considering all the pitfalls and rip offs in the industry USAtoAUS are just about the biggest godsend there is.
I'll second that. Brought some sliders in with USAtoAus. Cost me $200. The only hard part was the wait.
Old 23-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Got the new rims dynamic 17x8 will get new tyres next year. Thanks Ben
Lift on except afe ypipe, got 60-65 mm over stock.
Very happy with ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20131223-131609.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	65865   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20131223-131556.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	65866   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20131223-132558.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	65867  

2013 commando green JKU

Last edited by Green Goblin; 23-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 23-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Thunder View Post
Got the new rims dynamic 17x8 will get new tyres next year. Thanks Ben
Lift on except afe ypipe, got 60-65 mm over stock.
Very happy with ride
wheeling time now!!
Old 23-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoB View Post
wheeling time now!!
Definineatly in the new year will arrange with you Theo. Looks like stephen and yourself had a good day out, would have loved to go but not ready yet

2013 commando green JKU
Post New Thread  Reply