KJ pricing - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

I am interested in buying the new Jeep Cherokee Limited this year (2003). Current pricing is $47,990.

I received a quote from SVM Chatswood on road for $54,690. And that was before I added all the options I wanted. Is this in line with other dealerships ?

It certainly seems the exchange rate has really damaged Jeep pricing. I did previously own a '97 XJ Cherokee which cost me $39,990 on road.

I guess if I have to ask the price then I can't afford it. :rolleyes: My wife was certainly shocked.

[ 09 June 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Jeep Fan ]
Old 02-01-2003
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Default KJ pricing

Have you been out to test drive one yet? In a lot of respects the KJ is way ahead of the old Cherokee in ride, comfort & style.

Maybe a 2nd hand WJ?
Old 07-01-2003
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

JF,

Give Manni Cachia a call at Rolfe Motors and tell him Brad from ACT Jeep TrAction suggested you call him.

A mate of mine was very close to getting his through them and he lives in Qld. He did not end up getting anything in the end but it was going to be a cheaper deal than buying in Qld and that included the time and expenses of commuting to Canberra to get it.

His phone number is 02 6282 4888 or 0418 669 992. Alway's worth a call and I know from experiance they have sold a number of Vulva's to sydney buyers that played them against scuds.

HTH
Old 07-01-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

can try here see what happens [img]smile.gif[/img]
https://www.discountnewcars.com.au/J...ee-Limited.cfm

think that the only difference between 2002 and 2003 cherokee is the rear disc brakes
mine stops very well with the disc drum combination [img]smile.gif[/img]
look around for a runout one
Old 08-01-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

Thanks gents !
Old 10-01-2003
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

Jeep Fan;
my advice is to just go buy it. You could be miserable driving some shit box you dont like then die and regret not having what you wanted when you were alive.... know what i mean? We paid 48,500 on road for a new (not demo) KJ limited in Brisbane, July 2002. Go screw a dealer, i hear they arent selling enough and need to do start selling cars and are willing to "tear up money" just to get sales targets....... Go for it man...

KayJay..
Old 10-01-2003
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ pricing

By the way, i also had an XJ Dec96-April99 sold it with 62 000klms. The KJ is a far superior machine to drive in my opinion. I am a keen off-roader and beach goer but no way consider myself an "extreme off-roader". KJ does all we want it to. We went out in the New Year in a group of 7 cars 3x Prados, 2x Pajeros 1 x new Triton ute and our KJ. We went everywhere the Prado's went and just as easy,in fact the 1 manual Prado asked me after 1 really serious "hill" if i did it with my air conditioning on and i said of course i "_ucking" had my air on its summer and were in QLD his reply was well i turn mine off to climb hills that steep. Makes you wonder doesnt it..
We towed a camper trailer over XMAS and KJ went really well towing about 800kg. It was an "Off-Road Cavalier" with full annexe & awnings, trailer box jam packed,120 litres of water ( 80l tank & 2 x 20 jerrys) heaps of extras on top of the camper,60L eva kool,golf clubs etc,etc. Car was chokkers including full 50L Chescold 3 Way Fridge in back. we averaged 14.8L/100Klms. this was all black top driving,no off road with the trailer.The Kj was excellent to tow with,heaps of power and held the road really well. We are going to Birdsville Races next year and on to Ayers Rock in Sept 2003 and i will get a lift kit before we go just mainly cause i assume the arse will sag when we are towing with heaps of weight day after day at high speeds and the kit will also be a benefit off road.

Cheers
Mark.
Post New Thread  Reply