What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1373 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2015
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
Who did that seat job for you?

If your in Sydney I can recommend doyles in silverwater as he did mine and my mates custom leathers and Simon looked after us.

, [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-------)_)

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 14-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Managed to separate axle stub and old hub/bearing. I soaked it with penetrene for a week. I had a little pool of it sitting in the hub and after a week it had soaked right through and all over the uni joint. Impressive stuff. I cut the bearing off the hub and cut the flange through almost all the way in a couple of spots with an angle grinder.

Onto a 20 ton press and it came off reasonably easily. Made a few very loud bangs. Splines look fine.

I am guessing Jeep don't lubricate the spline at all in the factory. I smothered it with anti seize so let's hope its much easier if there is a next time.

Very happy to have 4wd again. Installed new uni joints whilst the axles were out.

I took a few photos but imgur is being moody and not working atm.
Old 15-06-2015
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
Managed to separate axle stub and old hub/bearing. I soaked it with penetrene for a week. I had a little pool of it sitting in the hub and after a week it had soaked right through and all over the uni joint. Impressive stuff. I cut the bearing off the hub and cut the flange through almost all the way in a couple of spots with an angle grinder.

Onto a 20 ton press and it came off reasonably easily. Made a few very loud bangs. Splines look fine.

I am guessing Jeep don't lubricate the spline at all in the factory. I smothered it with anti seize so let's hope its much easier if there is a next time.

Very happy to have 4wd again. Installed new uni joints whilst the axles were out.

I took a few photos but imgur is being moody and not working atm.

Where did you buy the hub and how much?

, [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-------)_)

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 15-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Where did you buy the hub and how much?

They were on special not sure if they still are. Hate to think what Jeep would charge for them here.

, [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-------)_)
Amazon. Moog brand. $280aud for both posted to Melbourne.
Old 16-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

Tossed a Rough Country skid on the bottom of the Dana 44 in the back of the JK.
I have a Rancho skid for the front that I picked up 2nd hand of a member, but I thought the Rough Country one for the rear was better as it also protects the pinion area.

Old 18-06-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts

Another Brisbane Jeep Club member sold me his Fox Evo 2.0 Steering Damper together with DBOR's relocation bolt. Running 35s I thought it makes sense and it does make quite a big difference when driving over corrugated roads and bump stops. I haven't mounted it on the relocation bolt yet to bring the damper higher up, will do so this evening.

Old 18-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I had to re-fit the transfer case linkage on one of the company JK's. The shitty little clip has come off and the linkage wire just pops off. Nothing like sliding under a wet, muddy Jeep to fix it in the mud....in front of customers.

Still love my Jeeps though..

Greg
Post New Thread  Reply