Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 62 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How are the dealers over there still unaware of a fix? their are so many more wranglers over there than here. I went to my dealer with the tsb number and he ordered the parts for it then and there, it took 2-3 weeks for the part to arrive but when fitted it works perfect. I think it really helps the dealers if you give them the tsb no.

Dom
Old 18-08-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default heaps of thanks

Thanks Heaps for all your efforts 'trailblazer' JK diesel owners. I had the fix done and all is pretty good. It fights back for 3 or 4 clicks then fills like a dream. Amazing!!

I cant help feel sorry for the previous owners having it for 3 years and not being able to fill the tank! Still, as davidd points out, at least i ended up with a good car thats now fixed

Thanks again everyone. Now to the next topic... which bullbar to buy......

Glinno
Old 19-08-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's for a different thread mate, but one of the most popular is the arb bar. but there is an endless list of bars and rear bars. start a new thread for this one mate there will be a thousand blokes responding to the question.
Old 02-10-2010
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by micq View Post
After 2 years of being told there is no problem & then being told that CJ weren't interested in fixing it I finally got mine fixed last week . I had to ask them if there was a fix for the slow fill problem & when they said what problem ? I was a bit cranky , pointed out there was a TSB on it & they admitted there was a fix & ordered the parts . Filled up after it was done & it took 2.5 minutes to put in 81 litres where it used to take up to 24 minutes .
Maybe I spoke too soon . After 6 months of no problems filling mine started playing up again about 3 weeks ago , it is getting slower & harder to get fuel into it each fill . Have filled it 5 times now & it's getting worse each time . Anyone else have the same problem .
Old 02-10-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi micq. i had the long range tank fitted way back and although the fuel goes in at a huge pace, truck nozzles as well, it always plonks all but the last 12-15l in th main tank and drops the rest in the reserve. if i ill the whole thing up, main and reserve till the handle clicks off it is full except for the last 1o litres. i just fill it till it comes right up the filler spout, leave it settle for a few seconds and fill it up the spout again after it drains away. after doing this about 3 times in 15 to 20 secs the fuel is sitting in the spout and the thing is chock a block full. seems there is a need for a solid head of fue lto drive the stuff into the main tank. there is a definite breather or valve problem, even after you give it a decent filler pipe. this is amazing. this problem is over 3 years old and still not fixed. but hey, you get used to it after a while. just after i bought mine the president of jocwa told me it has always been the way chrysler has operated and to stop complaining and just find a way to fix it mayself. i've met many people who have owned jeeps and got rid of them because of the never ending problems. it's just the way it is mate.
Old 02-10-2010
CrawlerStar

Hi david , the annoying thing is it worked perfectly for 6 months , only 2+ minutes to put in 80 litres now it's back to 15 or 20 minutes for no apparent reason [ on the same pump ]
Old 03-10-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, no idea micq. you had the modified filler sytem put in too, with the larger filler pipe. back to dealer i guess if you've still got warranty. i was impatient way back and got the long range tank. not perfect but it gets the fuel in andhas been useful on a couple of long trips. enables me to duck a couple of very unfriendly (pricewise) roadhouses without stopping on long trips and gives a sense of security having the extra. does add a bit of extra weight though and combined with the weight of the camper on the back has made the back springs sag about 40ml. have just fitted air bags to compensate.
Post New Thread  Reply