JK: Hunty's Jeep - Page 32 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-11-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Ipod mount - WIP

Maaaaaaaaaaaate

I have been p1$$1ng around with the Ipad now over 12months and I finally have it in a place that I really like, I have tried it in several places and its been a PIA, the photo you commented on was mark iii I think prob, it blocked the passenger airbag there! D'oh

My Current Fav place is above the mirror
I got the Ipad holder of EBay removed the suction cup cr@p and tech screwed it right to the plastic soft top! - too easy- it survived the 8,000km trip to the Cape and back on some of OZ's worst corrugated roads and did not vibrate or move at all.

I use VMS and TomTom for Navigation and I use heaps of 4x4 apps inc tilt meters and convoy trackers etc
Cheers Hunty

Old 29-11-2011
Full Flexer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzell View Post
I see you have a ipod mount what kind do you have and how did you mount it above you rear view mirror thanks
Ill take some pix this weekend! cheers Hunty
Old 29-11-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220891307...84.m1423.l2649
Old 01-12-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Maaaaaaaaate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
Hey Wally
thanx for the link! but .....it will be a cold day in hell b4 I spend that kinda cash on a fridge slide, but I sooooooo want 1 LoL
cheers Hunty
Old 04-12-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Happy Christmas Jeepers

So Who's gunna join me on the Naughty list?

Old 09-12-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Just Jeeped a Kenny

Prob just made the biggest pull ever, a fully loaded Kenny - It is the Live stage for San carols 2011 and it was stuck up to its axels,

Had the lockers on front & back and in low1st and gave it all the beans.

Jeep 1 San lawn 0 LoL

Old 09-12-2011
Full Flexer

Smile My Fatass killed the drivers seat! D'oh

Hi Guyz
I have to admit to doing a very bad thing to my JK, I was driving along a dirt road - very wide maybe 12 - 20meters, 40 - 60kph looking for something on the back seat and not watching where I was going when I drove through a washout maybe 30 - 50cm deep and 1-2 meters across. What a disaster! , I watched all my shoot equipment, cameras lights etc jump up into the air and hit the roof.

I hit the roof (soft top) via the sound bar and still have a sore neck (yes I was wearing my seat belt).

Thankfully I did NOT end up staring at my air bag!

I don't know how I got away with it but I I've done 500km since and I haven't Identified any damage to the JK other than my busted drivers seat.

I have after market upper and lower control arms that are designed with huge bends in them, they may have absorbed some of the impact.

I have welded up my axel C's - this may have helped to save the JK's pathetic D30.

My tyres were 29psi so i guess they sucked up some also.

I'm 6'4 and after the accident I could barely see over the dash LoL. my seat had collapsed totally.

Upon investigation I discovered that I had cracked a cast piece of metal that connects the height adjusting pump handle mechanism to the top half of the seat frame.

How to Fix?
I could easily buy a second hand seat as there a plenty of guys replacing their factory seats- but I wanted it fixed immediately as It is my daily drive!

I decided to pull it apart and hopefully drill a hole and put a bolt in or something, Nup couldn't easily do that.

after some smart@ss pills I decided it would be very easy to manually put the seat at the desired height and weld it up - so i did.

1. There are 2 bolts each side that hold the back rest to the seat remove them.
2. Disconnect the cable operated folding seat mechanism, remove the philips head screw that holds the white plastic cable guide.
3. Manually set the seat height and weld up the 2 rolling hinges (dunno what to call them LoL) see pic where it says weld here!
4. Reassemble and voilla good cheap fix!

Cheers Hunty

cheers Hunty

I am still planing to buy some decent seats one day but this will do till then.
Post New Thread  Reply