JK: Hunty's Jeep - Page 34 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Just testing new photo posting smart@ss pills

Just testing new photo posting smart@ss pills

Interesting - photobucket has resized my irregular shaped image where as Image shack has not.
Does anybody know how to beat up photo bucket so it won't automatically resize?????
thanx heaps guys for your help
cheers Hunty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Huntysmart@sstest.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	52021  

Last edited by hunty; 08-01-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added conclusion
Old 18-01-2012
Full Flexer

Smile Upgraded my campers 4x4 ability - Treg hitch

Hi Guyz
I have just made a little much needed upgrade to my camper trailer by changing the tow hitch to a TREG.

It became obvious over the Christmas New year break whilst wheeling hard with the camper on the back the std tow ball was under huge stress and I was asking it to articulate more than it was designed for.

I had to moderate my wheeling for fear that I was going to destroy the std coupling and end up towing the camper home with chains

On steep hill climbs the angles demanded by the trail exceeded the capability of the std coupling and I noticed that I was bending the cr@p out things.

So I was lucky enough to have a mate who ownes a trailer spares repairs business (who owed me a favour) and he freebied me a very nice Treg coupling and welded it on.

I almost immediately went to test it on a steep incline that had previously been impossible for the std coupling and it was no problem at all in fact it still had probably 10 - 30 degrees? left to spare.

my 2c - the Treg style couplings are defiantly a good thing - highly recommended

cheers Hunty

Old 18-01-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

There is no comparison to a standard hitch and as a bonus.... They are silent and never need to grease or adjust!! I have the Trigg but basically the same only the pin is sits lower on mine, can you open the rear door when level Hunty, I can just!!
Matt
Old 18-01-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Agree with you Matt, i have the Trigg also & they are brilliant. Sometimes you forget the trailer is behind you they are that quiet. With the extended drawbar on my trailer i can basically jack knife mine while backing it up & can get the rear door open no worries!!

Hunty mate, where does that damn TV live when your all packed up???? Flash ass camper!!

Anvil Rubi :) 35" Evan Walkers, LOD bar, Warn Powerplant & lots to come
Old 18-01-2012
Full Flexer

Smile Yep Just

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
There is no comparison to a standard hitch and as a bonus.... They are silent and never need to grease or adjust!! I have the Trigg but basically the same only the pin is sits lower on mine, can you open the rear door when level Hunty, I can just!!
Matt
I can only just open the rear door!
I love the silent running too!
post up a pic of your beast in my new JKers camper thread?
cheers Hunty
Old 18-01-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunty View Post
I can only just open the rear door!
I love the silent running too!
post up a pic of your beast in my new JKers camper thread?
cheers Hunty
Will do!
Old 25-01-2012
Full Flexer

Smile How to get a JK into 4Low

Hi Guyz
there is a genetic weakness in the link that controls the JK transfer case, if you put too much pressure on the 2H,4H & 4L lever in the cab it can easily come adrift.

Heres what I always do;

1. I ensure that b4 I change the transfer case lever that I am parked on a slight down hill, enough of a slope that if from stopped/parked I release the brake the Jeep will start to roll slowly forward by its self.

2. Put it in neutral & clutch in.

3. I then gently apply a quick action on the lever and if it feels like its going to shift easy I push it home.

4. If I feel resistance then I release the brake gradually and as the jeep starts to roll forward I try again and again and again (gently) slowing the Jeep with the brake and then letting it roll again - eventually the gears will all match up and it will engage easily.

I hope this works for you
cheers Hunty
heres my trusty JK