What have you done to your JK this week? 1M Views - Page 1343 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Took the doors off & put the tube doors on for the warmer, or at least less cold, months.
You obviously don't live in Vic
Old 1 Week Ago
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 575 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Took the doors off & put the tube doors on for the warmer, or at least less cold, months.
I really want to do this. I've been eyeing off a set of tube doors at SBR but having trouble convincing the missus as she is paranoid about a lack of doors.

I'm thinking about buying mesh covers to go over them so she would feel a bit more closed in.
Old 1 Week Ago
No Winching

Liked 389 Times in 270 Posts

I have the ones with the nylon webbing, (it's velcro'd on).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iCzc6uwqpqexEN4m2

Just point to the sticker on the roof, or page in the manual, that says, "The doors & roof of this vehicle are not designed to protect in the case of an accident. Always wear a seat belt."

Jeeps: Lego for grownups.
Old 1 Week Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Always wear a seat belt.
This is the bit that makes me laugh because as soon as we are on sand she removes her seatbelt. Yet she worries about tube doors.

SBR are getting in half doors like a TJ and as much as I loved them on the old TJ I'd prefer tube ones.

I'll just keep wearing her down
Old 1 Week Ago
No Winching

I'd put the tube doors on & tell her, "If you're worried, wear the damned seatbelt!"

But that's me. If people were messing around when I was driving, I'd tell them to put them on & keep them on, always. Then if they didn't, I'd just slam on the brakes & stop until they did. Of course feeling what getting suddenly thrown into the back of the front seat or dash felt like, tended to convince them it was a good idea as well. Along with commenting, "That was just the brakes, if it had been an oncoming car..."

Old 1 Week Ago
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Awesome, I have made the same mods to my fridge, can you get the measurements for the battery tray.
I want one the same in my jeep.
Sponsored Posts
Old 1 Week Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
I'd put the tube doors on & tell her, "If you're worried, wear the damned seatbelt!"
Progress! I told the missus the other day that I'm going to buy a set for when we are on the beach and she has given in. I think she was worried that it was going to be a full time thing and that we'd be doing long trips with them on.

So time to put some money aside, hopefully I can get a set in the next 2 months plus a set of rear view mirrors to go with them.
Old 1 Week Ago
No Winching

Mine are the Body Armor 4x4 one & matching mirrors. I don't really like the mirrors, though. The glass in the left one is flat not convex, except that it isn't really flat, it's a little funhouse. Also, because they picot is where the arm attaches to the mirror at the bottom inside corner, they tend to move every time someone shuts a door a little too hard. And that's very easy to do...

I'm looking at some of the Quadratec ones that mount on the A pillar & can be used with regular or no doors. They say they aren't compatible with the tubes, but I'm willint to try & make them work. They have OEM, or OEM style mirrors as well.

Washed & polished the dust off it today, even after drying & a light polish, I have watermarks seemingly etched into the bonnet. Also moved my CB speaker from the dash to the soundbar & the rearview screen up above the windsreen, since I hated losing even that little amount, (it took up less space than the mirror did), of front vision.

Post New Thread  Reply