What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 986 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoB View Post
may be ok for at least 6 months - it doesn't get over 10C in Mel
Heheheh nice one

The difference between theory and practice is, in theory there is no difference...
Old 07-12-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trimmed the factory guards, need a little more edging for the rear guards to finish off.

Ready for another wheel tonight.

I will be building tube guards soon for her.
Ph: 07 3133 1660
www.budscustoms.com.au
Old 07-12-2013
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Daystar hood latches and a Airaid intake done this week.
Latches stop the hood flutter, and the intake has actually made my fuel efficiency a little worse at the moment (been putting the boot into the skinny pedal a bit the last couple of days)
Sorry no pictures at the moment, can't seem to get them to load very well from idevice
Old 07-12-2013
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I've had a couple of issues lately. One is that any significant corner completely looses traction on the inside rear wheel. Partly due to the OEM Goodyear Silent Armor tyres being crap. Second is a clunk over bumps from the back left. Nothing loose, shocks are ok, even though over 100,000km on them.

So as many say the rear sway bar has minimal effect, I thought I might try disconnecting it to see if it would help leave the inside rear on the ground. As I was under there loosening the links from the axle, I noticed a shiney mark on the sway bar... Somewhat gouged out, even. Looked up further to see what might be causing it & saw a bolt sticking out from the rear track bar mount. With a worn, polished end...

I was wondering WTF there was a bolt sticking out of there, when I realised that the track bar was not on the standard mounting point, but below it! All this time and I never realised that when the PO of the car had put in the OME lift, (shocks & springs), it had included the ARB rear track bar drop bracket! One of the bolts from it was sticking out SO FAR, that it was hitting the sway bar & had the threads worn off about a 1cm of the bottom side of it!

FOUND THE CLUNK! Now I'll see if it makes any difference to the traction on corners...
Old 07-12-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs View Post
Trimmed the factory guards, need a little more edging for the rear guards to finish off.

Ready for another wheel tonight.

I will be building tube guards soon for her.
Looks trick bubs, good work. How are you going to with the nazi coppers up there though?
Old 07-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I've had a couple of issues lately. One is that any significant corner completely looses traction on the inside rear wheel. Partly due to the OEM Goodyear Silent Armor tyres being crap. Second is a clunk over bumps from the back left. Nothing loose, shocks are ok, even though over 100,000km on them.

So as many say the rear sway bar has minimal effect, I thought I might try disconnecting it to see if it would help leave the inside rear on the ground. As I was under there loosening the links from the axle, I noticed a shiney mark on the sway bar... Somewhat gouged out, even. Looked up further to see what might be causing it & saw a bolt sticking out from the rear track bar mount. With a worn, polished end...

I was wondering WTF there was a bolt sticking out of there, when I realised that the track bar was not on the standard mounting point, but below it! All this time and I never realised that when the PO of the car had put in the OME lift, (shocks & springs), it had included the ARB rear track bar drop bracket! One of the bolts from it was sticking out SO FAR, that it was hitting the sway bar & had the threads worn off about a 1cm of the bottom side of it!

FOUND THE CLUNK! Now I'll see if it makes any difference to the traction on corners...
My old jk had a OME rear track bar and I had the same issues thats why this time I went teraflex

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 07-12-2013
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxljq View Post

Using some chrome sticker sheet to keep the heat off the roof in summer.
Hopefully it works.
Follow up.
I didn't expect too much from this vinyl actually, after all, it's just $20 from ebay, any less heat would be appreciated.

However, after 2 hours driving today, I measured temperature from inside, and believe or not, the result was stunning!

The temperature difference between covered area and uncovered area appears to be over 20 degrees!

walldog was also right, this is definitely not a good solution.
Because the roof does not have a smooth surface and I can see the vinyl didn't stick so well on the roof today. But at least I now know it cools down the cabin very well. My next move will be sanding down the roof smooth and taking it to a sticker shop to do a proper wrap. XD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4970.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	65676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4972.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	65677  

CRDJK
Post New Thread  Reply