Essentials and wants for the JK! - Page 38 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After not having great light in the back I decided to add some LED lights to the rear of the roll bar. 2 lights installed and a world of difference, lights up the rear boot area heaps and cost about $10 and 5 minutes to do.

Need to find a better pic as well.....

JTO
Old 19-10-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More bits fitted as they arrive Poly Performance rear links.......

Just need the other stuff to arrive from the US by end of week.

JTO
Old 08-02-2011
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well just an update for 2011.

Fitted the upper adj Rubi Express control arms front and rear and the fixed lowers as well. All geometry back in order and smooth as. Also investigated the use of the EFS TJ panhard bushes in the SOLID axle version and they work a treat. See Carrolls Suspension in Wacol to get them as they slot right in. Same bushes I have in the rear EFS panhard.

JTO
Old 08-02-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

speaking of adjustable arm stuff, I fitted POLY PERFORMANCE adjustable upper arms on the front of my JK a bit on 2 weeks ago now.

Love them. Adjustable on the vehicle is fantastic. Front end even feels a bit tighter as a result (i like that). Wound them right back and the castor change has been very noticeable in the way it tracks at high speed and also when braking. Downside is I don't think the upper arms are short enough to adjust the castor on a large lift (say over 3"), I think the lowers would be required as well? Not a big issue, the PPM lowers are fantastic as well and I have them sitting in the shed...!

They really need new bolts though as the standard Jeep bolts do not fit very well (too small). If you don't torque them right up there'd be alot of potential play they shouldn't have and that could contribute to suspension noise and/or shimmy/death wobble. This affects the standard arms too I might add.

Last edited by Yom; 08-02-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2011
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have now driven on the new bushes on the front for about 3000 km's and the difference is massive. Reccomend getting the better bushes asap if you have the SOLID adj panhard.

JTO
Old 12-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethgun View Post
whats the issues with the soundbar and using an amp from a dodge nitro? I know the sound is a bit muffled from the soundbar, is that what ur referring to?

Hey on that note, quadratec sells some kicker replacment speakers for our jks, but ive got the infinity setup. Is it better than the infinity or more of an upgrade for those with the stock speakers
I have just installed the Kicker speaker up grade + super tweeters. With the kicker amp it made a world of difference over my Infinity. PM me for more details as I'm selling some of my JK audio gear.
Old 12-02-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptheone View Post
Have now driven on the new bushes on the front for about 3000 km's and the difference is massive. Reccomend getting the better bushes asap if you have the SOLID adj panhard.

JTO
would be interested to see how they go after greater use. I have used so many nolathane bushes of varying strengths and have always flogged out way too soon, even ones that are suppose to be so strong they want destroy themselves, yet to see it not happen.
They look snazzy but time will tell i guess