Death wobbling piece of s#$t - Page 30 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-09-2009
Pollie Waffle

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

diddo I think we all want to know!
Old 29-09-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.. View Post
Along the lines of what a few are talking about... I drove quite a few k's last weekend with my Simex's on with not even a hint of the dw...

Customer service rang me again today to let me know the parts to "fix" this problem have arived in Australia. There was a hold up with customs. Apparently ready to install in a week or so. They couldnt tell me yet what the fix consisted of but I asked them to ask the question.
Rang Jeep today, they said they knew nothing about it, but if there is a fix they still wouldn't do it under warranty on our car because it has OME suspension and 33's. Bloody **********mokers!!
Old 29-09-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMichaela View Post
Rang Jeep today, they said they knew nothing about it, but if there is a fix they still wouldn't do it under warranty on our car because it has OME suspension and 33's. Bloody **********mokers!!
How many k's have you done? Very hard to make a claim on a 4wd that's done more than 40,000. Mind you, the thing that gets me is they want to know how much 4wd'ing you have done. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE - IT'S A 4WD!!!
I got my OME done through the dealer before I paid for the car so as far as I am concerned they shouldn't have let that happen if it's a warranty concern. As far as tyres go, the JK in the states comes with BFG's and if they are within a the legal limit that shouldnt change anything.
Old 29-09-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiBren View Post
How many k's have you done? Very hard to make a claim on a 4wd that's done more than 40,000. Mind you, the thing that gets me is they want to know how much 4wd'ing you have done. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE - IT'S A 4WD!!!
I got my OME done through the dealer before I paid for the car so as far as I am concerned they shouldn't have let that happen if it's a warranty concern. As far as tyres go, the JK in the states comes with BFG's and if they are within a the legal limit that shouldnt change anything.
Done 35000km, all accessories fitted from new too. Probably done about a dozen 4wd trips maybe a bit more.

Rob
Old 29-09-2009
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The dealer wh just replaced my RHS front uni and axle seals .... said yes it was carried out under warranty and I had OME lift HEavey duty and 265/75R16 on standard rims ...

Why would it not be under warranty???

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 29-09-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiBren View Post
Threaten them with going to consumer affairs as I did and watch them squerm....

until they think that you won't do nothing, then they pull the staunch tactic.....

then you lodge the complaint and wait for the dealer and after market distributor and also jeep come crawling....LOL
Old 29-09-2009
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I used to get a slight shimmy in my steering over bumps with my 33's,35's and 37's. Ive just purchased some adjustable control arms from Wooders (Rubicon Express) and the difference it made to the ride was remarkable.
The bushes in the factory arms may also be a problem.
I just did a trip to Robe in Sa on the weekend and for the first time had no shimmy whatsoever!
My caster was 2 deg prior, now running 4.5 degrees.

Something to think about.
Yes i am still running the stock door closer I mean steering dampener!!!
Post New Thread  Reply