JK: Hunty's Jeep - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Rear trackbar mount upgrade

I kept ripping off the rear trackbar mount off the diff so I bought this almighty bracket of death - it will surely outlast civilisation ! - Many experienced welders had a go at bracing it up to no avail!

Old 06-03-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Mine Glows in the dark - LoL

So I finally got around to buying a decent Sand Flag!

I didnt want to spend the cash! - who does?

Take a look at my first brilliant idea! - I got some electrical conduit........
it stood up nice and straight in my driveway - I thought it was stiff enough! to do the job...... and then when I got out of my heap to take a pic I realised how pathetic my sand flag was!!!! - pic of silver Nissan

I was on stockton beach late one arvo trying rescue a disco with my new and improved fishing rod sand flag (the photo doesnt show the orange triangle i had on top) and nearly got taken out by a Quad bike just b4 sunset - it was very close - the quad bike whilst in the air and about to land after jumping off the top of a steep dune hit my drivers side mirror with its back wheel! - ouch! - gratuitous photo of wife and kids b4 they all had growth spurts - all my 4 kids look down on the Mrs now LoL pic of white Nissan.

So I bought the ridgy didge lightning stick from TJM Parramatta hooked it up to my parking lights and now when im on the dunes at night you can see me coming for miles

I highly recommend a lit sand flag - not an extravagance or luxury but a must have safety item

cheers Hunty

Old 06-03-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Wheelin @ Wheeny Creek - JK vs TJ

I had a great time wheelin out a Wheeny Creek!
Just put up these pix to show some Flex - I just Love the JK!

The Mrs & I went with a mate & his Mrs - 2 Jeeps, Mine a JK on bald MTZ's 33's and his a TJ on new 33' muddy Maxxis with 2' more lift than my JK.

Things were pretty even all day until we hit up some steep steps and to the surprise of us all the JK made the climb and the TJ no matter how hard he tried was unable to get up (OK I admit it - I enjoyed it! the JK was a better heap!- LMAO)

Old 08-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hunty you have one hell of a Jeep. Love your build thread. Dont have that much time to read it all but will in the future. Top effort mate.
Old 08-03-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hunty just read you winch, in cab control, nice work lol..
Old 08-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsjeep View Post
hunty just read you winch, in cab control, nice work lol..
why not buy a proper switch, window switch is a bit crap -

off road rocker switches
10JK Rubicon
Old 11-03-2011
Full Flexer

Smile Niiiiiice Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
why not buy a proper switch, window switch is a bit crap -

off road rocker switches
Maaaaaaate
Thanx heaps for the good info , those switches look great! - I have replaced the crappy window winder switch ages ago twice now
most recently with a wired HDH system now - I also used the arb double rocker double light up dual momentary switch (winch in , winch out) for a while

Note the new A pillar - it contains my oil gauge and aeroforce

I like the wired HDH system really makes it easy to keep things neat and tidy and all together
see pix below -its still a work in progress - nearly finished - will post up soon
thanx again mate for the heads up re the cool switches
cheers Hunty

Last edited by hunty; 11-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply