KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 50 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
There are a few places it could be rubbing and they are different if it's pre or post update KJ - need to know that first. Either way, any lift will sort that out as they aren't massive tyres.

ARB bar and CRD is a heavy combo, so definitely choose your lift carefully imo.
It's a late 05, model - post upgrade.

Yes I've been um-ing and ah-ing over what lift to choose. I'm torn between the Old Man Emu & the CRDSTU.
Old 25-06-2015

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Just finished reading the 35pages..
Couple of questions, what's the max lift height (with standard cv's) from arch to centre of hub? I noticed 740mm was from arch to bottom of hub on a 16" rim. Mine are 17" being the limited.
I've fitted ome springs and rancho struts, moddified the rear bump stops and brake line brackets. I'm going to go a bit higher with spacers i just need to know the max height achievable from arch to hub Centre. (Or arch to bottom of rim with 17" rims)
And what spacers are available and who supplies them?

Last edited by tim_pato; 26-06-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 29-08-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys
Today, on my 3 week old 2005 Jeep JK 2.8 crd, I disabled the sensor in the air filter pipe (I think it's a MAF) and lo and behold what a difference to the ride! With just the slightest pressure on the accelerator and without missing a beat, the Jeep speeds up significantly better than just #0 minutes before. Therefore this ORM has definitely improved performance, speed increased, the idle seems happier, and the grunt is better than before, epic.

Are there any unwanted side effects ? I'd love to know.

Peace, Brad
Old 30-08-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadCRD05 View Post
Hi guys
Today, on my 3 week old 2005 Jeep JK 2.8 crd, I disabled the sensor in the air filter pipe (I think it's a MAF) and lo and behold what a difference to the ride! With just the slightest pressure on the accelerator and without missing a beat, the Jeep speeds up significantly better than just #0 minutes before. Therefore this ORM has definitely improved performance, speed increased, the idle seems happier, and the grunt is better than before, epic.

Are there any unwanted side effects ? I'd love to know.

Peace, Brad
I think you have posted this in the wrong thread?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey CRD06, what size tyres are you running? I'm looking to do a lift after fitting grand cherokee rims and 245/70/16's to my 05 limited. My tyres are just touching the inner guards during street driving and I am looking to do a lift with rear bags as we tow a Jayco Eagle and do mild offloading. Tks
Old 08-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Anyone used TJM XGS Lift Kits as they seem to get good reviews ?

They have 20% off until March, and I was quoted $754 (part only) for the Cherokee KJ. It's probably only 40mm lift but that's OK as I won't have to change the upper control arm.

I was going to do the suspension install myself as I have done it before and have the tools.

Last edited by KJ75; 17-03-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 14-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Decided to go with CRDSTU lift kit including the JBA upper control arm.
But I almost got a heart when I was told just under $3k fitted.
I hope it's worth it, as that's a big chunk of money.
Post New Thread  Reply