jk ute - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jk ute

has anyone heard about the new jk ute coming to aus,i have to have one have been told maybe in 2010..
Old 12-07-2008
LokRinger

Liked 1,764 Times in 558 Posts

Called a J8 and already released in some parts of the world and in both LHD and RHD! But no mention yet of Oz. Even the US are not getting it for public sale.

PRESS RELEASE:
Iconic Jeep® J8 Displayed at Euro Camp Jeep 2008 Offers Extreme Cargo and Towing for Humanitarian, Commercial and Military Applications, All at a Great Value

Unmatched payload capacity in its segment
Powerful diesel engine provides 3,500 kilogrammes of towing capacity
Best-in-class water-fording capability and ground clearance
Available in four-door and extended-bed two-door versions, in both left- and right-hand drive
Jeep® J8 also offers an exceptional value, priced below other vehicles designed for humanitarian and military duty

Land Fleesensee, Germany, Jul 9, 2008 - The Jeep® J8 multipurpose vehicle made its first appearance at a consumer event during Euro Camp Jeep 2008 in Northern Germany. The J8 marks the Jeep brand's return to commercial and military vehicle production with a thoroughly modern vehicle designed to meet the needs of both non-government organizations and government agencies.

"The new Jeep J8 combines the legendary capability and dependability that makes the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited famous with unmatched cargo capacity and an exceptional towing rating," said Thomas Hausch, Vice President – International Sales, Chrysler LLC. "The Jeep J8 is also an exceptional value, priced below other vehicles designed for humanitarian and military duty."

With the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as the starting point, Jeep engineers increased the capability and versatility to create the Jeep J8. The frame of the Wrangler Unlimited is reinforced for increased ruggedness and to allow greater payloads – up to a maximum of 1,250 kilogrammes (2,756 lbs.). The rear axle is a Dana 60 model with disc brakes engineered specifically for more demanding use. The rear suspension utilizes a leaf-spring suspension system. The J8's Command-Trac® four-wheel-drive system allows maximum versatility and performance in both on- and off-road conditions.

The Jeep J8 is powered by a 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 118 kW (158 hp) and 400 Nm (295 lb.-ft.) of torque, providing towing capability of up to 3,500 kilogrammes (7,716 lbs.). The engine is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. The J8 also features a unique air-intake system with special filtration and a hood-mounted air inlet that enables the J8 to ford water up to 762 millimetres (30 in.) deep and operate in sandstorm conditions for up to five hours. The Jeep J8 features best-in-class water-fording capability and ground clearance.

The Jeep J8 is available as a two-door with an extended pickup bed for personnel or equipment transport, or a four-door multipurpose vehicle. It may be produced with numerous vehicle-body and seating configurations in either right- or left-hand drive. The two-door version, for example, can be configured as a personnel carrier with seating for up to eight.

While not designed for front-line combat operations, the Jeep J8 is armour capable and excels in a variety of duties ranging from command vehicle to troop/cargo carrier, ambulance, communications vehicle and other duties – also making it suitable for civilian government applications. Tow eyes and heavy-duty bumpers allow the Jeep J8 to be easily transported by airplane or helicopter.

In June 1941, the U.S. Army received its first shipments of the Willys MA, the rugged 4x4 vehicle that came to be called the Jeep. This predecessor to today's Jeep Wrangler would prove so vital to the Allies' World War II effort that Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower declared that the war could not have been won without the Jeep vehicle. Willys went on to produce the CJ-2A, a civilian version of the military vehicle, to deliver the capable and dependable service that the military had come to know. Today's Jeep J8 continues in the tradition of both of these early 4x4s.

The Jeep J8 will be produced in the Chrysler LLC joint-venture facility in Cairo, Egypt, and will be available beginning in July 2008.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 12-07-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I prefer the Brute conversion for a ute...

Click image for larger version

Name:	aev_yellow_brute_d.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	27157

KSK

"Let your pistons do the Torquing"
Old 13-07-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Leaf springs at the rear
Old 13-07-2008
Pollie Waffle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM79 View Post
Leaf springs at the rear
Yeah I agree, I mean Leaf if good for the application they need it for (carrying heavy loads etc) but not for us! look at the bright side... more of these means more JK spare parts going cheap

Can't wait fo the yanks to buy them then bring them over here for war games!
Post New Thread  Reply