Coolant leak - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,939 Times in 2,325 Posts

Great vid for sure, though I would be capping each fuel line and rail opening as I removed them, the price of injectors is scary if dirt gets in there, along with all other openings , trust me you do not want anything entering any opening, bluddy turbo hose clamps what a bloody pain, I think I would be using a dremel to cut that little hose clamps though, bugga leaking red everywhere........... and looking at how he had to really use his pinkies once in there, while I always imagined I could do it, well I could but these old fingers can't do that sort of thing anymore, they seize up in crippling pain, joys of age I suppose but it doesn't really look like a hard job just a lot of ginning around and taking lots of care with those damn plastic fittings............. If mine goes at home well its muggins job but away from home RACQ cans end a tow truck and a workshop..

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 10-05-2022
Senior Newbie

Liked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Great vid for sure, though I would be capping each fuel line and rail opening as I removed them, the price of injectors is scary if dirt gets in there, along with all other openings , trust me you do not want anything entering any opening, bluddy turbo hose clamps what a bloody pain, I think I would be using a dremel to cut that little hose clamps though, bugga leaking red everywhere........... and looking at how he had to really use his pinkies once in there, while I always imagined I could do it, well I could but these old fingers can't do that sort of thing anymore, they seize up in crippling pain, joys of age I suppose but it doesn't really look like a hard job just a lot of ginning around and taking lots of care with those damn plastic fittings............. If mine goes at home well its muggins job but away from home RACQ cans end a tow truck and a workshop..
Dremel is exactly how i cut that hose clamp when i did mine, Super easy painless way to do that bit of the job
Old 10-05-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

So the original is on a circuit board? Then the recall moved it?
I need to check mine and see where the sucker is, I am kind of paranoid about the damn thing now.
Anyone have a pic of a RHD diesel and where the original vs recalled relays are?
Old 10-05-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Ah, just punchedmy VIN in and it's due for the V62 recall and mentions the previous ones which it hasn't had. Bugger, looks like I'll have to take it to the pirates at some stage and let them butcher it.

Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk

A fuel pump relay failure can result in a stall condition if the vehicle is running or a no-start condition if not running. A vehicle stall while driving can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.

Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall on affected vehicles to replace the affected fuel pump relay and related wire harness. For vehicles that have not been serviced for recall P54 or R09, a new externally mounted relay and wire harness will be installed to bypass the fuel pump relay that is internal to the totally integrated power module. For vehicles that have already been serviced for recall P54 or R09, the existing externally mounted fuel pump relay and wire harness will be replaced with a new relay and wire harness.

Recall Status

Incomplete but repair parts are available
Old 10-05-2022
Senior Newbie

Liked 41 Times in 17 Posts

Well the jeep lives again, runs ok but with a check engine light on. Had a cheap scan tool i bought 9 years ago and never used. Plugged it in and pushed a couple of buttons and erase code came up and happy days lights gone out. All wiring just falls back into place with different plugs so u can't really stuff it up, injector lines are all different. I was going to take photos but never did. Watched the video of GDL about 6 times and when got stuck on getting something off watched that bit again.
Just jammed a little screw driver into those hose clamps and they unclip.
Old 11-05-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Point taken, have dumped mine too.
Old 11-05-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,939 Times in 2,325 Posts

Well I will drop my querie as it sounds like I have lost plot...... wasn't moaning just a sudden change of tact, can be funny how things evolve.... this post will delete in 2 hours.............. lol,lol,......

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply