Best lights? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-05-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Re: Best lights?

Agree anything is better than nothing. I too was worried about the fyrlyt na-sayers. On the flip side you have those who love them (like me) & the rumors re the designers used to work for light force & they (fyrlyt) cant keep up with demand from the US. Again just things ive heard. On stuff I can confirm, great lights and amazing customer service. I sent them a message and later they called (no obligation). I was on the phone for half hour + on a Saturday night chatting about lights in general

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 22-05-2014
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Yep customer service is excellent and they really stand behind their product. I've also heard the rumors about the designers previously working for lightforce, which is certainly not a bad thing. Lightforce are also great lights, but like many they have mixed reports. Luckily more good than bad though.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion and most will probably be biased towards the product they've purchased. Where are you located? It might be worthwhile trying lights from other 4wders. Then you can decide which product you like best.
Old 23-05-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I bought the TJM distributed Xray Vision spotties made by britax, one of the self claimed leaders in lighting...

Upgraded them with H1 55w HID, fiest trying the 5000kv as I had tried 6000 before and they were way to blue for my liking and was surprised to find the 5000 was still to blue so picked up a set of 4300 and could not be happier. Totally waterproof too. Have a lool at the britax (or however you spell it) website. Impressive quality products and were little cheaper than the hellas when I got mine.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 23-05-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
I bought the TJM distributed Xray Vision spotties made by britax, one of the self claimed leaders in lighting...

Upgraded them with H1 55w HID, fiest trying the 5000kv as I had tried 6000 before and they were way to blue for my liking and was surprised to find the 5000 was still to blue so picked up a set of 4300 and could not be happier. Totally waterproof too. Have a lool at the britax (or however you spell it) website. Impressive quality products and were little cheaper than the hellas when I got mine.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .
a mate has Britax lights and he is very happy with them.. they look to have a very nice reflector..
Old 23-05-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Re: Best lights?

Lots of great input on here and no doubt you will be pumped with whatever you end up with. So maybe its a combo of what/where you'll use it, cost, styling & a big bit of personal preference. As long as you love them, who cares about the rest

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 23-05-2014
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Yeah i've heard good stuff about britax! Lol, now with another one in the mix, you'll be super confused! Just to make it worse, you can buy semi decent quality chinese made HID driving lights for between $150-200. If you are on a budget, they might be a good option. Be aware of the crappy ones though, there are a tonne of them!
Post New Thread  Reply