End of Fueled vehicles - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts
Default End of Fueled vehicles

NRMA is pushing to end the sales of New Fueled powered vehicles by 2030

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...8d61dd81dbe132
Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
NRMA is pushing to end the sales of New Fueled powered vehicles by 2030

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...8d61dd81dbe132
What a pack of wankers!!

I remember when the looney left and the greenies wanted to kill off the world's cows because they farted too much and let too much methane into the air. And they started trials to breed cows that didn't fart as much!!

Of course, it is in the nature of cows to fart a lot, and us too, just as it is in the nature of combustion engines to fart a lot of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Perhaps it is that we should not get rid of cars with combustion engines but perhaps improve then so they do not spew out so much in the way of emissions.

Oh the f...ing looney left.... and we may be saddled with them come Sunday.
Old 18-05-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 345 Times in 181 Posts

I have to agree, it would not be so bad except if labour get in they will be run by
independents who have very little policy to offer or the greens who want to change everything in a day and will stop any govt being able to pass anything they dont like , effectively crippling the country.
Vote for a major party as if you dont, we will have 4 years of crazy-
Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 659 Times in 374 Posts

Clickbait beat up from the Daily Mail you’ve fallen for hook, line, and sinker Olmate! The NRMA quote is from an interview back in 2019, and only specifies petrol cars (leaving room for diesel and/or heavier/commercial vehicles).

We are lagging very much behind the rest of the world though, but understandable given the vastness of our country and the infrastructure that would be require.

A ban isn’t feasible and won’t happen for a long time yet - restrictions within city centres (similar to London), possibly, but hey I don’t think that’s so bad. Electric vehicles are perfect for the commute, the school and shops run, etc., and suit many people’s lifestyles.

Take a breath and stay open minded everyone

Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
Clickbait beat up from the Daily Mail you’ve fallen for hook, line, and sinker Olmate! The NRMA quote is from an interview back in 2019, and only specifies petrol cars (leaving room for diesel and/or heavier/commercial vehicles).

We are lagging very much behind the rest of the world though, but understandable given the vastness of our country and the infrastructure that would be require.

A ban isn’t feasible and won’t happen for a long time yet - restrictions within city centres (similar to London), possibly, but hey I don’t think that’s so bad. Electric vehicles are perfect for the commute, the school and shops run, etc., and suit many people’s lifestyles.

Take a breath and stay open minded everyone
Yeah well talk about having it both ways. Let's dump on petrol but keep the diesel cos it keeps us fed with even higher pollutant output than petrol.... and lets replace everything with batteries and to hell with the new problems these generate in terms of raw materials etc and the massive pollution that comes from mining and modifying them.

And lets not get too heated about how the rationale for all these potential eventualities is based on the greatest lie of modern times.... the "climate is changing" debate because we in our arrogance actually have the balls to think that we have any influence over nature.

Funny how there have been many climate changes before and since we walked the earth, yet we are still here >200000 years later. Funny too how we still have animals etc with lineages going back millions and millions of years despite nature in all her fury and all her glory wrapping us in cotton wool occasionally and pissing on us whenever she likes.

Take a breath mate and stay open minded. Sure thing. Before the air runs out.

My faith lies in the ABSOLUTE FACT that radical Leftists or Rightist movements, no matter what their focus and of which climate change is but a meagre one, ALWAYS fail because they are ALWAYS based on lies.

Believe what you like and have a nice life: you never know when you might not be able to take a breath. And hope much more fervently that your food supply will not run out, or your water supply, because history also shows us that these failures were the cause of the demise of many, many great civilisations that pre-dated ours. And these issues arose as a consequence of natural cyclical events such as El NiNo and El Nina (which we are currently experiencing). And all these societal extinctions happened when there was NO combustible engines, just horse and slave power.

I would be encouraging all you alarmists to start stocking up on flour and corn and rice and water....because a lack of these necessities will kill you before any pollution from so called greenhouse gases.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 18-05-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 659 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
Yeah well talk about having it both ways. Let's dump on petrol but keep the diesel cos it keeps us fed with even higher pollutant output than petrol.... and lets replace everything with batteries and to hell with the new problems these generate in terms of raw materials etc and the massive pollution that comes from mining and modifying them.

And lets not get too heated about how the rationale for all these potential eventualities is based on the greatest lie of modern times.... the "climate is changing" debate because we in our arrogance actually have the balls to think that we have any influence over nature.

Funny how there have been many climate changes before and since we walked the earth, yet we are still here >200000 years later. Funny too how we still have animals etc with lineages going back millions and millions of years despite nature in all her fury and all her glory wrapping us in cotton wool occasionally and pissing on us whenever she likes.

Take a breath mate and stay open minded. Sure thing. Before the air runs out.

My faith lies in the ABSOLUTE FACT that radical Leftists or Rightist movements, no matter what their focus and of which climate change is but a meagre one, ALWAYS fail because they are ALWAYS based on lies.

Believe what you like and have a nice life: you never know when you might not be able to take a breath. And hope much more fervently that your food supply will not run out, or your water supply, because history also shows us that these failures were the cause of the demise of many, many great civilisations that pre-dated ours. And these issues arose as a consequence of natural cyclical events such as El NiNo and El Nina (which we are currently experiencing). And all these societal extinctions happened when there was NO combustible engines, just horse and slave power.

I would be encouraging all you alarmists to start stocking up on flour and corn and rice and water....because a lack of these necessities will kill you before any pollution from so called greenhouse gases.
Perspectives and beliefs on the issue of climate change aside, I was commenting on the topic of banning combustion engines – suggesting it's not feasible to happen in this country anytime soon, especially wide-scale – which is what my 'take a breath' remark was about.

Your point around the resources required for EVs is absolutely a huge concern, and I think the single biggest drawback of the current alternative. I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with hydrogen (Toyota's into it in a big way, as referenced in the article) and synthetic fuels (Porsche in particular are investing heavily in R&D), which of course have their own drawbacks, but I think are better solution long-term.

Old 18-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Fossil,fuel cars will definitely be phased out but I suspect a reasonably long transition.