scammers everywhere!! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2014
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If you have Paypal he will need your email address but that will pay the money into a Paypal account and fees are associated with that.

If he is asking for your bank account details he should just direct deposit it in there but from a foreign bank he would need to do this via a branch I would guess... sounds a bit strange - why wouldn't he buy one in NZ?
Old 04-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Dodgy as always oil and gas workers out of range
Old 04-10-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Not the first time this has been used, SCAM.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2155569
Old 04-10-2014
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

I sent an email back saying ,"sorry ,would rather you inspect the van before you purchase " .
The silence is deafening !!!!
WJ Grand
Old 04-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

Had this same rort when I was selling my tj. I told the guy to meet me and that was the end of that situation, I didn't really say it in those nice terms though
Old 04-10-2014
Mals-JK
Visitor

I had one on the phone when i was in Tas John, said they were from some government department re bank charges? I asked a few times What Dept? sounded phoney dept i'd never heard of, she had an indian accent but it was an 02 number, needed to verify who i was, wanted my birth date and said im owed all this money, that was the trigger! i said piss off scammer and hung up.
I rang Aus Scam centre about it, and it was a known scam, what they try and do is make a profile up of you, may not be in the one call but weeks or months later they ring again, it will be a different person, totally different story Asking different questions, Identity Theft! the 02 number i found out was a skype number.
This was all because i started a new house number Telstra put it in the white pages, its online its world wide! So i had to get it made silent. Due to security these day i don't think they should automatically list your number unless you ask for it to be listed, Aussie Phone Books one thing, but putting it out on the WWW should be optional.
Old 04-10-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

Yeah, I've had various forms of the same scam when selling cars....always "uncontactable" except by email.....dead giveaway.
Nobody spends this sort of money without at least talking to someone....
Post New Thread  Reply