2006 KJ 2.8Lt CRD rebuild or donor car $900- - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Aussie Jeeps For Sale
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 KJ 2.8Lt CRD rebuild or donor car $900-

Asking Price: $900 (without Rego or RWC)
Make: Jeep
Model: KJ
Year: 12/06
Condition: Good - apart from motor
Odometer KM: 223095
Rego State: Victoria
Sadly our Jeeps' engine has had a major engine fail.

It had a major service at Ken Muston Motors Shepparton and we paid $2,485- on 6/4/18 for new water pump Timing belt, Tensioner belt and idler pullys x 2. All gaskets and timing cover gasket replaced all OEM parts

We can't afford to pay to have it fixed and have lost confidence in the Jeep dealerships who have serviced our vehicle - this fail should not have happened!! The vehicle has been diligently serviced and maintained.
Perhaps if we had more ability or skilled mates to help out this would be a repair but we have neither.

So we are offering our Jeep with good rubber Khumo on all 4 tyres, in good overall condition for sale with ARB fitted bull bar and additional standard front cowling. Rhino Sportz bars to roof rails (extra rails was where we carried our duel Hobie peddle kayak)

New hoses that were carried as spares. Manual Gearbox was rebuilt by Trans Gears and Diffs Melbourne in May 2015 and is in good working order.

If you are keen to strip and sell parts it has plenty going for it.

We are just so sad it has come to this..... but are done.

Please msg me

Last edited by Jimmyb; 03-09-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 14-08-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

Love to buy it but you are too far away.
John.
Old 15-08-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

There is a very good reason why Muston's was known as the smiling 'bandit'. They lost the SAAB dealership many years ago because of dodgy practices. It is very surprising that you got genuine parts, their service manager is in Shep City Bearings most mornings picking up parts. Definitely not genuine, but cheap for them, the jeep owner pays full jeep list price! Do you know what caused the failure & exactly what failed?
Old 15-08-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

PM sent. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 15-08-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Layback 40... message received and will ring as requested.

Re your advice about Ken Muston Motors, I am shocked!! I was going to buy the parts from the US for the major service but my husband erred on the cautious side - if something went wrong then we were covered under Mustons warranty period of three months. I had tried to buy the parts through VM Diesel but they had a major delay on one of the items so our order was cancelled. Previously I had supplied parts to Ken Muston for the 100,000 service from George at VM, hubby was dubious of the new supplier I had sourced as they were not OAM but aftermarket...

As it happened this fail occurred 34 days outside the three months and we were advised by Ken Muston to return the vehicle to them to determine if it was a replaced part failure or something else. We are not prepared to pay them more labour costs to find out as quite frankly we cannot find a local diesel mechanic who is prepared to service Jeep and our faith in the local Jeep dealership had already been tested (at the clutch rebuild which is why we took the removed transmission to Melbourne)

We have not determined the exact reason for the fail but the car was driving sweet at 109kms down the freeway when there was a thump and a couple of shudders and engine stopped and we coasted to the kerb - major loss of oil we think through the sump but with all the bash plate protection ect it is difficult to see without their removal.

The car has a full tank of diesel.. we had just stopped 15mins earlier to refuel!!
Post New Thread  Closed Thread