WK2 Sat Nav losing its way - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-11-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Called Essendon again. They indicated that they're waiting for news from head office and they'll be sure to call me when they know something.

Given that all those affected seem to waiting on news from Head Office I thought I'd go to the horses mouth. It would appear that customer service at Head Office is an answering machine. I left a message and I fear it would be the first of many.
Old 01-12-2011
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think I'm still waiting on atleast three different calls from Head Office over the last eight months. If I was you I would try and get a phone number to contact somebody direct coz they really don't like calling people back
Old 01-12-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I figured that would be the case.
Old 07-12-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got an update for you. As yet I've had no luck reaching a human at Head Office but my wife managed to do so. She had a conversation with an individual not related to customer service who took the details with a promise to pass it on to customer service.

She had a call today from Essendon stating that Head Office had been in contact with them and someone was coming out to have another chat with them from Head Office. The Advice was essentially "no news at this stage and no idea on a timeline for a fix". Essendon also confirmed that they had a number of people also chasing an update on a fix.
Old 05-01-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dare say that this will be the final update on this issue. I put another call into Jeep head office and got the good old answering service. I then turned to Jeep's Facebook page, reiterated my experience and lodged a request for customer service to call me immediately.

Within 15 minutes I had John from Jeep Essendon on the phone working through the issue and an appropriate solution. I took the car in at John's request. They had a look around the unit, reflashed it (I think), checked the aerial and aerial connection, made a few other tweaks and presto, so far, a greatly improved and more responsive sat nav that refreshes in a timely fashion and appears to plot properly.

No more drives in the middle of Port Phillip Bay. It's a shame really. I always had a bit of a laugh as the sat nav plotted me somewhere in the middle of the bay.

Many thanks to John from Jeep Essendon for attending to the issue of my sat nav in such a highly professional and timely manner.
Old 05-01-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Good move, I think FB's the way to go these days

I have a WH with a Navus sitting on top of the dash which I can't look at how disgusting it is especially for doing nothing. Well, the screen stuffed up and you can't operate the left half portion of the screen. The right side of the screen that works is out of calibration. You can't even calibrate it. Unfortunately, it's long out of warranty and the dealer said it kaput and needs to be replaced at my expense (but that was a while ago). Yeah right, I'm running... so it can konk out again in a couple of months time.

I just have to remove it and plug the hole somehow, gotta think of something LOL. I want to get the other bezel and an aftermaket double din touch screen system that would do the DVD, navigation and that could be operated by the steering buttons to which I also want to add the reverse camera.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Post New Thread  Reply