Rockauto.com no more parts to Australia - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Hopefully they sort it out. Won't be out of their pocket anyway. Other mobs have started doing. RockAuto gets a lot of business from Australia... hopefully they don't want to loose a good client base..

Cheers,
Old 06-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 274 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
The trouble using Freight forwarders ex US at what point and who pays gst
Most have the GST built into their shipping fees.
Old 06-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relwell View Post
read reviews before you sign up, of course.
For what it is worth, I have been doing a bit of reviewing and research. They all seem to be a bit hit-and-miss. The one that seemed to have the most positive reviews that I could find is Planet Express.

A new one "Global Shopaholics" has just popped up with reportedly lower shipping fees, but I could not find any reviews (positive or negative).
Old 06-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by projoe View Post
sorry if this has already been posted (did have a quick look) looks like rockauto dont want to register with our ATO so no parts will be suppied to aus from them do you think we should bombard Rockauto with e-mail ask them to change their mind nicely
I wonder if the answer is to partner with them... set up rockauto.com.au that mirrors back to their US site but adds GST?
Old 06-11-2019
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by projoe View Post
sorry if this has already been posted (did have a quick look) looks like rockauto dont want to register with our ATO so no parts will be suppied to aus from them do you think we should bombard Rockauto with e-mail ask them to change their mind nicely
Farrrrk. It's the end of the world as I know it [and I don't feel fine]. Use RA all the time and I would still use them with GST applied. Cheaper, more reliable and faster delivery than others stateside. A lot of American (and Euro for that matter) vehicle enthusiasts in Oz will be mighty pissed off.

It's not just him I know, but I'll direct my anger at Gerry Harvey for my lazy convenience. Would never shop at one of his overpriced-full-of-landfill-shytey outlets anyway!

Last edited by whollsee; 06-11-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

damn, i use rockauto for parts allot!

Guess i will just have to forward my RA orders via a forwarder from now on. The Australian federal government are just pathetic.....
Old 07-11-2019
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 123 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Laredo View Post
Here's a reply I received from Rock Auto customer service this morning:

"We are not able to ship to Australia at this time because its government requires out-of-country online retailers (such as RockAuto) to register for its local sales tax. We comply with tax laws in the US and Canada but do not have the capacity to administer taxes in other countries.

Thank you,

Jen
RockAuto Customer Service"
I pay my UK VAT to Rockauto with the order so fedex just deliver with no delays.

When I've had parts from other places that don't take the UK VAT or deliver to the UK I've sent parts via my Bundlebox account. I've not used it for a while but they have a shipping and duty calculator so you can work out what it will cost landed if you know the shipping size and weight. You prepay the import duty/taxes to them and Australia is listed for that facility.
Post New Thread  Reply