Outback Challenge 08 - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Cant understand too much of your website though.
in internet explorer right-click somewhere on the page and pick
Page Info and then Translate page in english
Old 02-05-2008
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The KJ has:

Accessories:

BF Goodrich for the KM2 Mud Terrain tires 37x12.5.

Winch Line for the Synthetic ropes.

Viking off Road for the custom Softop.

Warn Industry for the M-8274 -50 winch, the Warn Accessory Kit , and the XP9.5 winch

Poison Spyder Customs foe the Wheel Spyder Locks Beadlocks.

4x4sPOD4x4 for the 6 Switch System for accessory wiring and control box.

AEV American Expedition Vehicles for the Hood and Snorkel.

Kilby enterprises for the Gas tank Skid plate and gas pump relocation Kit.

Superior Axle & Gear for the Gear ring and pinion, Install kit and spare parts.

Powertrain Industries for the Driveshafts.

Dynatrac, for the Axles.

Atlas Transfer Case. for the T/C.

Rubicon Express, for the suspension kit.

Shop work:

Off Road Evolution (axles, roll cage, atlas transfer case and suspension installation)

Adventure Trailers (auxiliary light bar)
Old 02-05-2008
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i don't think this is it but some pics of their work can be found here.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/proj...p-gallery2.php

Last edited by stu; 02-05-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

someone was after details of the event http://www.outback4x4challenge.com/location.php
Old 02-05-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow - all that weight and still running the stock engine?

"turtle" will be its nickname after the event!!
Old 03-05-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL, yeap, the driver will kill the JK with a big engine... so if she is underpower, the chances of braking stuff is lower...

English is not our main language, so we are doing our best...

the home page navigation, super easy, almost all words are the same...
video is the same for both, gallery or galleria...similar...so not big deal..
surfing the web should not be an issue...

anyways, we have the following wording to introduce the JK

G’Day!!! people from our expedition team has been doing expeditions and off road racing for over a decade now, and we reached levels that we never dreamed of. In fact, we are dreaming our vision and let me tell you, fantasies are an expensive deal. As soon as you start to work on them, on your dreams, you are screwed. Without notice, we were deeply involved in a project that goes far beyond your imagination. We were working long days to reach the impossible, the building up of the car, the human team that represents us, the Venezuelans, in that remarkable race.

From previous experiences from our friends in the off road world, we know in advance that Australians customs will take more than few days, so we are following their advise and we shipped the car (crystal clear, no fuel) with enough time to get the release on time for the event. For racing purposes, we must follow all administrative steps and timing that is required. The race will not wait for us; we must be there on time.

We know about the “friendly” battle between top brand names in the off road world, one of the Venezuelan teams goes with a brand new FZJ79 from Toyota. The other one (us) goes with a brand new 4-door JK from Jeep. Dang Venezuelans, let me tell you...
But, we have a secret weapon, a cute Venezuelan girl as a driver for our team, yeap, a Venezuelan girl; you know what I’m talking about. Over the years, she has demonstrated to be a magnet for pictures, besides her excellent skills as an off-road driver. She was there, fighting shoulder to shoulder to earn respect from our community, so she did it again.

It’s easy to anticipate a great coverage for our team, so we are in contact with the media and related companies. We’ll see…
Old 03-05-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Good Luck and have fun.

FZJ79 from Toyota