Modifications - Warranty - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-12-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Come on guy's
dont tell me you dont enjoy the screaming yelling and phoning crying hitting your head against a brick wall legal action so that you can get your car fixed replaced etc
Cheers Von Dep

Last edited by Von Depner; 13-12-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 14-12-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Hi CP Jeep.
I was one of the luck jeep customers That had my car wrecked by a dealer when i took it in for a service. only had about 5000kays on it. If you only know how we had to fight to get a resolution from CJ/ dealer you will not have the same feeling for them. Davidd knows the story but i have been gagged from bagging them.

Von
Old 14-12-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP jeep View Post
This is a small group of people feeding of each others problems. Happens on all one make focused forums. Even if someone does say they had a good experience it goes un-noticed in the flood of negative attitudes.

There are people unhappy with just about every vehicle on the market, they just dont have a dedicated forum to voice there opinions.
Welcome CPjeep.

I agree with your comments above.

There have been some pretty ordinary experiences posted here with people's dealing with Chrysler-Jeep.

But like you say, other brands have the same problems.

I could tell of worse problems with Australia's "perceived" best manufacturer............
Old 14-12-2008
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
What a joke, customer feedback at its purest
This is a small group of people feeding of each others problems. Happens on all one make focused forums. Even if someone does say they had a good experience it goes un-noticed in the flood of negative attitudes.

Having worked with 5 differend vehicle makes in my working life including jeep until this resent sales crisis. (yes I was laid off due to crashing sales figures).
I dont believe CJ treat there customers any different to any other manufacture.
There are people unhappy with just about every vehicle on the market, they just dont have a dedicated forum to voice there opinions.
so right you are .
Old 14-12-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

Having worked with 5 differend vehicle makes in my working life including jeep until this resent sales crisis. (yes I was laid off due to crashing sales figures).
Agreed, I have just traded in my CURRENT model Nissan Patrol at great expense to myself after a painful experience with a local nissan dealership the worst part is that my repairs where not even for a warrenty claim but an insurance claim (Submersion). So they where getting paid for every bit of work they did and still where incapable of achieving that.
After 10 weeks without my Patrol It was return damaged, with parts clearly missing and fixings untightened.
I pointed out the obvious and without so much as an apoligy for all the damage they asked when I could drop it off at the panel beaters and window tinters to fix what they had done. They took screws from brand new patrols to replace what was missing and had to order the rest of the parts in and that was what I could see from sitting in the drivers seat and looking around.

I could write paragraphs on that experience alone I assure thats not even half of the problems.

Since then I have heard many a horror story about the that dealer. Someone has gone so far as to put a wrecked Patrol on the verge outside the dealership with recommendations to potential new customers painted all over it.

I pick up my new JK in January and will not look back, I have bought from Wanneroo Jeep b4 as has my brother and we have both had nothing but good experiences, so fingers crossed nothing will change.
Old 14-12-2008
CrawlerStar

I can't speak for anyone else , but I tried everything to get CJ to fix [ or at least acknowledge ] the problem I was having with my Commander & it was only after 6 months of being treated like a total idiot & finally being told that I should put my new Commander in Lo range to reverse up my driveway [ which my daughter's corolla idles up with no problems ] & nearly getting run over by trucks twice because when I put my foot down on the accelerator nothing happened that I started giving them a hard time on here . Most people would use the Internet as a last resort I think because they don't want to admit they have spent their hard earned money on a vehicle they aren't happy with & can't get fixed . Also they don't want to run the vehicle down to much because they are looking at getting out of it as soon as possible & don't want the bad publicity to devalue it .
Old 14-12-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

I did and have had a great experience with getting the Wrangler and this is with the dealer though and not the mob at the CJ regional and Head offices.

When I had the issues with the Grand the dealer would keep me up to date, talk one on one about pathways forward and sympathetic to the frustration etc but when dealing with CJ, my god. Took the regional warranty manger 6 weeks to get back to me from my offical corrospodnance to head offic and even then I was the one who called him. I had left over 5 odd messages and not one response, not bad condifering I bought a $60000 vehicle from them which was a dud.

I ended up having to deal with the warranty manger from Victoria as the QLD guy went on leave for a couple of weeks and I was high and dry.

Even after all the deal to get into the new Wrangler, trade of the stuffed Grand and all my email, letters and phone calls I have had not one call, letter or anything from CJ to say how is it all going, things good with the new purchase, are you a happy customer and I have had it for months.

On the other hand the dealer has been great, first service was efficient, warranty recall done smartly and a call from them asking if everyhting is ok

So no its not feeding off other peoples issues/problems, these are real world cases of people that have had vehicle issues and lack of support from the manufacturer and the lack of basic customer service quality.

Sounds like you must have been the corporate CJ trainer in customer service and avenues of feedback????

JTO