Modifications - Warranty - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
jto i totally agree. wrangler is obviously built to a price, you only have to look at the plastic etc. but with the faults and bits that go wrong, there really isn't a problem if there is spare parts backup. you can get the thing fixed and get on with your life. also the attitude of the dealers (in perth anyway) if you have a fault you get treated like a leper when trying to make a claim or there is a denial that there is a problem, or the classic "fault not present at time of testing". i had an xj cherokee and loved it, parts were everywhere, genuine and aftermarket and that led me to sign up for the jk. after i signed up for my jk i had a radiator leak (the vehicle was a95 and really due for replacement). as a result it blew a head gasket on a main freeway and i had to limp back home. took it to my local bloke who diagnosed the blown gasket. i rang the dealer to advise him what had happened to the vehicle and that it was being repaired. paid 1400 bucks to have my 6500 buck vehicle repaired at a repco workshop which carries a 12 month australia wide guarantee, and when done notified salesman and asked if he wanted the invoice with the vehicle at trade time. said he wasn't interested. that was the level of support i gave my dealer with my trade-in. in return i received a vehicle with fuel filling issues (not fixed), power drop (not fixed), vehicle thrashed at a dealership (as a special service for insisting it had a fault) and have been treated like a leper by chrysler and dealers for wanting the thing fixed to my satisfaction. i totaly agree JTO, you can love the vehicle all you like (and you never saw a happier more ecstatic, proud owner who bragged about the features and abilities of his vehicle than me). my misery has been caused not by a few faults in the vehicle, but by the total lack of support from chrysler and it's dealers (in perth where i live). but that's the way chrysler runs it's business. nothing you can do about it. as for you steve, i wish you and carol all the good things that life has to offer and a better run from your next vehicle. hope you drop into the forum once in a while to say g'day and let us know how you're going. cheers, dave
Hey Davidd - can you please use paragraphs to make reading you posts easier .

This post is not to ridicule you as I have an interest in what you are writing so the odd line break/hit enter would make the world of difference, my eyes are sore as it is.

Thanks.

FC.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 11-12-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i the unions run the auto industry over there, and chrysler have labour rates of about 75 bucks an hour against the industry average of 45 bucks. they will have to break the union control, cut staff and reduce labour rates. not easy. .[/QUOTE]

Firstly ditto on DC

I think you'd be surprised they have already offered consessions, after all they need dues from members , ie no members, no fees , no Union. They have had a health care system where they even pay insurance when you retire, the car companies didn't equate our longer life expectancy with modern medicene and its costing them bigger than hourly rates (heaps of stuff made in Mexico where i doubt they get $US75/hour ) and the Unions have put it on the table as well as other benefits to staff. I don't think you can lay blame on the blokes on the shopfloor getting the best deal they can when you look at the exec salaries when they have run profitable businesses into the ground

one Press Report:

US union prepared to make concessions over auto crisis

The United Auto Workers says it is willing to make significant concessions to help rescue the Big Three US automakers. Union leaders voted in favour of ending a programme that allowed laid-off workers to collect up to 95 percent of their salaries. They also agreed to permit automakers to delay billions of dollars in payments to a union-administered trust set to take over health care for factory retirees in 2010. The vote came on the eve of congressional hearings on as much as 34 billion dollars in loans requested by the struggling carmakers General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
Old 11-12-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After thinking about this for a few hours this afternoon, once again I really cannot see how you could get a call threataning you with legal action!! Actually it has really pissed me off!!!!

Since you deleted your last thread it must have been because what was written in it. "AJOR is in no way associated with DaimlerChrysler Corporation" is clearly stated at the bottom of every page - Chrysler doesn't own this site (as nor do I), so why are they butting in with their legal threats??

In your last thread you were only stating YOUR OPINION BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCES. Did they read the whole of your thread?? Are they reading this thread??

Don't let them scare you off redgp - I for one am very interested in YOUR OPINIONS based on YOUR EXPERIENCES!!
Old 11-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi axeman, good to ear the unions have made some concessions. must have been only just made. info i got was from press clippings and stock broker reports of problems. info on wages was from same sources, so can't really comment on that in depth. the health insurance was also mentioned as an issue and it was said that payment of health insurance for retired workers would have to cease as one of the ways of cutting costs. (wish someone was paying my health insurance). mate totally agree that the fault isn't all with the worker. the unions have held the auto companies to ransom there for years, just as the wharfies held this country to ransom for years until brought under control. got totally out of control and all powerful. the management have also lined their pockets extremely well with the usual multi-million dollar salary packages. i noticed a condition of the government funding was that the managers should sell their corporate jets and travel in a more modest way. the top dog at GM has offered to work for one dollar a year till the mess is sorted out. huge problems everywhere, all being funded year after year by the U.S. taxpayers. whtever happens it will be a whole new ball game by the time this is all over. hopefully jeep will still be around, and we as owners will then be on the receiving end of the customer service and spare parts backup we are entitled to as owners of these vehicles.
Old 11-12-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rotten luck redgp - but like Bret B and others my jeep dealer experience has been great.

Maybe a useful tool would be a thread just devoted to dealers that deserve positive feedback that way we could all see who does a good job without leaving anyone liable by slagging of the dealers that do not do such a good job.

Just a thought - but i do think that letting others know of good dealers is just as important and possibly more constructive than the reverse
Old 11-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

jbee i think there is already a thread devoted to those who have a great jeep experience. it pops up whenever someone has a winge about jeeps and dealers etc, to try and counteract the flood of negative posts. hang about a while and it will pop up again after this lot.
Old 12-12-2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had similar problems to redgp with a previous manufacturer, including threats of legal action about comments that I'd posted on forums whilst they refused to deal with basic faults.

After some consideration, a carefully worded statement was agreed by my lawyer and sign written onto the side of an old pantech that was then parked in front of the dealership, in full view of any new potential customers.

The truck was, somewhat predictably, then vandalised by some of the dealership's management to obscure the message on the side - during the subsequent criminal and civil actions that resulted the judge made a compensation award that covered the cost of the disputed repairs in addition to the legal and other costs incurred to that point.

I'm more than happy to recommend good dealers and workshops, even if it is only their attitude that is good.....but it is important to share bad experiences too, especially if the business does not resolve problems that stem from sub-standard work.
Post New Thread  Reply