Modifications - Warranty - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-12-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNuts View Post
The RangeRover Rogue HSE or Sport is better built than the JK that's for sure.

I guess that when a RR costs between 90k and 185K it had better be better built! I personally don't think that there is much difference..

Apples with apples mate.......

I can tell you that after many years dealing with all brands of vehicles and mainly 4x4's........

All forms of Land Rovers give mechanics and dealers the cold shivers.........

When the JK's first came out, I made a comment on them, I still stand by it,

The JK (especially the 4DR Rubicon) is without doubt the best value for money real 4x4 on the market.

I doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Chrysler doesn't punch out the best quality vehicles........ Never has never will.

I'm over people comparing the Chrysler product with Prado's, Patrols, Land Rovers, Range Rovers blah blah blah........

At near half the cost of a simarly equipped competitor. You can not expect the JK to be as well engineered, assembled or finished.

FFS, it's like saying my Kia cerato is not as well built as my Mazda 6.....
Old 13-12-2008
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You've got a good point there OIIIO and subsequently I agree. I was referring more to the fact that event hough RangeRover/LandRover have their own issues, at least they don't fob off their customers like CJ does. They don't give you the "you're the first person to have this problem" line.

I am well and truly aware of the quality issues with the JK and am willing to live with it. What I wan though, is good manufacturer support and customer service which I'm certanly not witnessing.

I got to give credit where it's due and must say that Len at Wanneroo Jeep Service has ALWAYS looked after me and I will continue going to him if I ever have any issues. Len certainly knows how to deal with customers.
Old 13-12-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate I agree that Chryslers customer service (based on what I've read here) sucks big time...

It's difficult to compare my experiences with other manufacturers, given that Jeeps tend to get moddified more than most others (especially with after market/non genuine parts). But, I know that if a dealer or manufacturer doesn't want to honour a warranty claim, they wont. The warranty guidelines are written by the manufacturer, and suprisingly are written in their favour.

LR/RR might give better customer/warranty service, seemingly, but considering the profit margin in those vehicles, and the initial purchase price. They'd want to be good!
Old 13-12-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
Mate I agree that Chryslers customer service (based on what I've read here) sucks big time...

LR/RR might give better customer/warranty service, seemingly, but considering the profit margin in those vehicles, and the initial purchase price. They'd want to be good!
Profit margin on Jeep must be pretty good , someone who work's for them told me the other day that if there wasn't so much money in them no dealer would touch them .
Old 13-12-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my real issue with jeep, more than total lack of company and dealer support even, is the complete lack of parts backup. even if the company and dealers give you nothing after they get your dollars, if the parts are available, you can at least buy them and fix it yourself (as you say the vehicle is cheap to a degree depending what you compare it to, although the mid size bravo, bt50 , rodeo etc are about the same) and get on with your life. but this having to be without a vehicle for 1 to 4 weeks every time something goes wrong is insane. it absolutely prevents me from being able to use the vehicle for what i wanted, outback travelling. can't afford to off the road in some in some god forsaken waterhole for a month while some dealer makes a feeble attempt to find some parts. this problem is the same for all of us. unless the vehicle is a second hobby vehicle used for a bit of weekend wheeling and not a main vehicle it renders them really undesirable. whatever comes out of this problem in the states i would really like to see a result that gives some spare parts support.
Old 13-12-2008
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by micq View Post
Profit margin on Jeep must be pretty good , someone who work's for them told me the other day that if there wasn't so much money in them no dealer would touch them .
That's not what the dealers will lead you to believe. Apparently they only have a profit margin of $1500.

I've been told their "buy" price is $1500 less than RRP.

Obviously i don't believe that...
Old 13-12-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNuts View Post
That's not what the dealers will lead you to believe. Apparently they only have a profit margin of $1500.

I've been told their "buy" price is $1500 less than RRP.

Obviously i don't believe that...

Model depending, it's a whole lot more than that
Post New Thread  Reply