The REAL Jeep assist - Post your pic - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-06-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have to ask, where on earth did he think he was going??

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 17-06-2011

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunty View Post
This is a vid of "Wooders" Dave Woodley (Wooders Garage)
Snatching a stuck tow truck with his Jeep
Rumour has it that a Landrover disco tried several times unsuccessfully prior to Wooders mighty Jeep moving the 6Ton land anchor LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj8fo4ogwxg

nice work,
i had to snatch and tow a street sweeper a few years back in my T/D XJ
Old 21-06-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Default Drop Dead Defender

I have 2 funny ones...

the first one goes right back to January 2010, only had the TJ 3 weeks, and i was back in sydney during the country music festival in Tamworth, due to go back the following weekend. on the wednesday, my mate got a call from his mate saying he just drowned his twin cab defender - in marouya!

so after some thought, i stupidly decided to drive down there that night (for those who dont know, marouya is south of batemans bay, about 350kms south from where i live) to recover the defender and flat tow it back into the township of marouya to have the car looked at by a local mechanic.

my mate and i got there at midnight (after leaving from sydney at a bit after 8.30), found the defender still half sitting in the water of a river, but there was a task, the campsite where they were was down the bottom of a steep and very loose rocky trail, no worries! hooked up the snatch strap, pulled it out of the water, and then up this rocky slope - we're talking 3.8tonnes of dead weight up hill!! there were 2 sections of the track that i had to have a couple of goes at, but all good... got it to marouya, and then turned around and came home... got home at 6.30 in the morning, was at work by 7.30

unfortunately no pics of that night and the good news is, my mates mate sold the defender and bought an XJ after being amazed by what the TJ could do!! lol

Old 21-06-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

the second story i have goes back to easter 2010.

I was staying with a good friend in Port Macquarie, and on the saturday decided to go for a drive to Point Plomber. on the way up the 4wd track going to point plomber, we came across an indian girl randomly standing on the side of the road, stopped to say hi and found out that her bf was down at the beaches entrance at the end of a 800m soft sand track with a Hyundai Excel!, now i dont like to laugh at peoples miss fortunes, but this was hilarious!

lucky i did have some recovery gear on board, so got the snatchy out and a bow shackle for the hyundai. i got a bit scared when the only point i could find under the back of the excel was a thin U bracket with 2 spot welds to hold it on so i hooked it up anyway, but decided not to snatch, but to just gently pull it out - easier said then done! we're on really soft sand! had to drop the pressures to 8psi to give me the best possible traction, and got the dude in the excel to help me out by driving in reverse, it took a couple of attempts (more like 6), but we got it out.

at the end, the couple said they'd by a jeep for the next time they want to drive on the sand lol

Last edited by JRJ33P; 21-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 21-06-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

by the look of it he did do really well to get it that far ...not sure what he was thinking though
Old 21-06-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK

enough said I think

2011 JK Sport Cosmos Blue RIP :-(
Old 21-06-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

my tj recovering vlad's chero up brushy lagoon (north west tasmania)