Good sites with FAQs for beginners - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-12-2009
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 123 Times in 94 Posts

buS b0 = PCM - MIL Message = The cluster is not receiving a MIL lamp message from the PCM.

buS b8 = ACM - Airbag Message = The cluster is not receiving an Airbag lamp message from the ACM.

The messages are probably due to a bad connection behind the cluster. In case you don't know the first couple of pages on this Jeepforum page show how to remove the cluster.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ga...nstall-752937/

Behind the cluster you will see two plugs in the dash. Use a pick or needle nose pliers to pull the contacts out slightly to give them a better contact and see if that clears the problem. It would be a good idea to try and clean the contacts too and put a little dielectric grease on them to try and prevent oxidisation of the contacts, which is probably what is causing your current problem.
Old 21-12-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4WD Reviews

Hi everyone,

I have been checking out this site for some time and thought I would pass it on.

http://www.offroaders.com/

The site isn't Jeep Specific but covers all makes and Models and covers all things offroad

It has very comprehensive reviews from Tyres and Suspension to winches and accessories etc.

I thought it is a very interesting read.

See what you all think.
Old 03-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I have the same error comeing up on my tj bus b8 i took the cluster off cleaned all the contact points but the light is still there can anyone help me with this cheers.
Old 04-03-2010
RustysRocker

Service manual says...

"buS b8 - Airbag Control Module (ACM) - Airbag Message - The cluster is not receiving an Airbag lamp message from the ACM. A DRBIII scan tool is required for further diagnosis. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information."

Have you pulled the airbag fuses?
Old 05-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

yeah checked the air bag fuses there all good.
Old 05-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i got 21 and 24 coming up, backfiring like buggery at 2000rpm. since chopping the exhaust off its been running great, then i washed the darned thing last saturday, was working fine, left it out in the sun, went to park it up that night and the light was on and the darned isssues started. Wonder if i got water into the ECU.
Old 06-03-2010
RustysRocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauny B View Post
yeah checked the air bag fuses there all good.
I'm stuck at that point. Might need connecting to a DRBIII scanner to find the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
i got 21 and 24 coming up, backfiring like buggery at 2000rpm. since chopping the exhaust off its been running great, then i washed the darned thing last saturday, was working fine, left it out in the sun, went to park it up that night and the light was on and the darned isssues started. Wonder if i got water into the ECU.
# 21 Oxygen sensor signal doesn't change (stays at 4.3-4.5V). Probably bad oxygen sensor

On early TJs code 21 could be for either oxygen sensor, you'd need a scanner like the scangauge2 to find out which sensor the code refers to.

# 24 Throttle position sensor over 4.96V

Did you wash the engine bay? The throttle position sensors don't like getting wet.
Post New Thread  Reply