JK Rear Bumper Roundup - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Arb have done themselves no favor not optioning there read bar with a tyre carrier. A mate i know who works for ARB says he hears it every day " If only you had a Tyre Carrier i would have bought an ARB"! They must have lost heaps of sales over this, i would have bought one myself instead of having to go with an import.
They had a Carrier on the TJ rear bar why not the JK?
Someone at arb needs their ass kicked!
Was just talking to them about this today and apparently the Tj tyre carrier wasn't all that popular so they decided to drop it for the JK. Which seems to have backfired as every third person wants a tire carrier.
Old 05-01-2010
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
apparently the Tj tyre carrier wasn't all that popular so they decided to drop it for the JK. Which seems to have backfired as every third person wants a tire carrier.
Problem is the addition of a fitted tyre carrier may add up to $1000 to the price & then be outside the range of those wanting it, who again will just shop in the US to source something cheaper. ARB are careful to ensure their bars comply with all road rules so would probably have to add the cost of a centre stop light not found on many others.
Old 12-01-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We are a small off-road shop over in the States, Colorado to be precise, and we are prototyping a JK Rear Bumper with tire carrier. Can we post pictures of it on your thread?
Old 12-01-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cant see why not, it is a rear bumper roundup and would be keen to see what it looks like.

JTO
Old 16-01-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HD Switchblade

This is the prototype, textured black powder-coating will be the final stage. Some features not shown.

HD Switchblade Features...

Bumper Features
-Constructed of 3/16" thick steel, fully welded and smoothed
-Through the bumper direct frame mount "D" shackle mounts. Constructed of solid 3/4" thick steel, and run 10" deep into the frame rail
-3/8" outer frame plates
-Bolted to frame and rear cross-member in 14 places, 10 of which are 1/2" grade 8 bolts
-Integrated receiver hitch
-Unique high-strength design with "behind the scenes" integrated sub-structure. Extreme strength.
-High clearance design for maximum departure angles
-Winch capable with optional rear winch/exhaust relocation kit

Standard Swing-Away Tire Carrier Features
-Simple one hand operation works in fluid motion with tailgate. No need to open swing away and tailgate separately.
-Nearly effortless smooth operation.
-Accommodates up to 40" tire.
-Hi-Lift Jack mount standard.
-Round high-power super-bright recessed LED reverse lights an option
-Heavy Duty chassis mounted bearing pivot for effortless trouble free service

All images copyrighted HD Customs LLC, HD Switchblade is a trademark of HD Customs LLC.
www.hdcustomsllc.com

Last edited by HD Customs LLC; 17-01-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Pics would not load
Old 16-01-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

me not see pics HD??
Old 16-01-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmmm.... they show up just fine on my screen. Does it provide a link of any sort?
www.hdcustomsllc.com
Post New Thread  Reply