Grand Willys Project - Page 283 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-07-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Great job Marcus!!
So good to see the "Big Day" after all the blood sweat and tears!!
Not many blokes would have the skills and determination to see a massive project like this through. Well done, very inspirational!!!
Old 20-07-2022
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Stunning work, you must be so chuffed
Old 20-07-2022
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Wow, many thanks for all the comments guys.

Bad time of year to finish it, but looks like this weekend is without rain so might be able to take its first country drive.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 21-07-2022
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclock View Post
Great job Marcus!!
So good to see the "Big Day" after all the blood sweat and tears!!
Not many blokes would have the skills and determination to see a massive project like this through. Well done, very inspirational!!!
Totally agree. I will miss my weekly look for the update.

You will have to have a public showing - we will bring the beer and snacks.

DG
Old 25-07-2022
LokRinger

First time out for a drive fully insured and registered.

First time hitting a 100 as well. Was stable as a rock and could take my hands off the wheel and it tracked straight and true with no vibrations at all.

Parking up at the Chocolaterie in the Yarra Valley.

Getting used to reversing as feels strange as my mind wants to park parallel with the door angle, but that doesn't work when you have a wedge shaped cab!

My wife Lisa even drove it for the very first time! Loved how it handled so well and so easy to drive. This thing feels so planted and doesn't wander at all.

We thought we would surprise her parents by rocking up in the Willys for the first time as had not told them it had been engineered and registered. Well we didn't fool them and they had even baked a cake to celebrate the occasion!
The trip was a 100 km and it ran faultlessly!

My web site:
Old 26-07-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Looking at the first pic of you in the Jeep, is it true you have a ‘specific’ watch you wear when driving it?
Old 02-08-2022
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishframe View Post
Looking at the first pic of you in the Jeep, is it true you have a ‘specific’ watch you wear when driving it?
No, I wear my watches until I can't read them well enough anymore due to the scratches and weld splatter etc imbedded into the glass face. Usually have to throw them away after the second battery is done.

My web site:
Post New Thread  Reply