Touring in a JK - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So davidd, what do you think? once we got that trouble maker banned, this is a nice place to be again!

.... and I have come back, at least whilst I am on the road, its just so relaxing out here and quiet!!!

"She who must obeyed" has gone for a walk at least two kilometers up the beach ... out of site and out of range of the walky talky and there is no one else for miles around.

Ah the serenity!!!!
Old 27-03-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds like you have spend an absolute fortune on the jk!
i can only dream.....one day
not only a great tourer now..its a diesel rubicon with all the mods!!!
Old 27-03-2009
I LOVE MY JK WRANGLER

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Hey Steve - there's a problem with your latest few posts mate.....

Not once did you allude as to your whereabouts - not fair!

Old 27-03-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryassdrummer View Post
sounds like you have spend an absolute fortune on the jk!
i can only dream.....one day
not only a great tourer now..its a diesel rubicon with all the mods!!!
We have some friends that we catch up with from time to time (also retired) that have set themselves up with the bigest meanest motor home, its a monster and has every conceivable thing that opens and shuts. I have no idea what it costs but its way into the hundreds of thousands.

The funny thing is whenever we catch up with them on the road and we can find a spot suitable for them to drive into to camp near us they spend all the time outside their block of flats sitting around our campfire enjoying looking at the photos we have taken of the sights and places down the end of the last track they could not get to. They are always saying we wish we could get down to see this and that. I have laid on their queen size bed (just for a minute) and its no more comfortable than the queen size bed in our camper trailer. Our little swing out kitchen cooks the best bacon and egg breaky or quick on the road hot lunch and they even enjoy our dinners out of the camp oven on our fire (or out of the cob cooker when we arnt allowed fires) at night.

So we think our investment is not so much at all, all up the JK with mods and fixes and the trailer with all its bitts and peices about $100 G about a half or a third what a big motor home costs and can go to twenty times the places they can go.

In the end what better is there to spend your retirement money on?

SteveM.
Old 27-03-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscruiser View Post
Hey Steve - there's a problem with your latest few posts mate.....

Not once did you allude as to your whereabouts - not fair!

Tis a secret, havnt seen another soul, (except for my soul mate) for two days now and the last ones we saw we had to recover their sunken boat trailer from the surf.

Suffice to say we are about 1800klms from home, somwhere in the Eyre Peninsula where the fish are comitting suicide at a steady interval and whilst they continue to do that I am not moving.

In a week or so (when we run out of supplies/battery/ water) we might move a little way further down this wonderfull piece of coast and do it all again. Eventially we are going to catch a ferry over to Tasmania and rid that Island of its abundance of scaled delights (and we might spare a moment to watch our son go raceing his car all over the island in the Targa Tasmania rally)

After that its off to Tibaboora NSW to do a bit of gold prospecting (detecting)

Ahhh, life is soooo busy.
Old 27-03-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

having toured tasmania in a sedan ( and fell in love with it) i would love to have the oppotunity to go there again for a longer amount of time in a decent 4x4. To be able to spend more time exploring would be amazing
Old 27-03-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgp View Post
Tis a secret, havnt seen another soul, (except for my soul mate) for two days now and the last ones we saw we had to recover their sunken boat trailer from the surf.

Suffice to say we are about 1800klms from home, somwhere in the Eyre Peninsula where the fish are comitting suicide at a steady interval and whilst they continue to do that I am not moving.

In a week or so (when we run out of supplies/battery/ water) we might move a little way further down this wonderfull piece of coast and do it all again. Eventially we are going to catch a ferry over to Tasmania and rid that Island of its abundance of scaled delights (and we might spare a moment to watch our son go raceing his car all over the island in the Targa Tasmania rally)

After that its off to Tibaboora NSW to do a bit of gold prospecting (detecting)

Ahhh, life is soooo busy.
I reackon it will be somewhere close to the bird observatory below Ceduna or I think you said something about Streaky Bay Beautiful areas there is also some very secluded, 4wd only camping areas on beaches near Bremer Bay, which is also exceptionally good for fishing.But you have probably alrady been there

I cannot get my head around any of your mods or understand why you thought it would NOT void any warranties.That's all I'm going to say about that can-of-worms.I'm glad to hear that you finally enjoying your JK and you obviously know how to find the best secluded camping spots.

Have fun out there