Importing from States - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-10-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would you prefer if I doubled that figure?

wehireit.com.au
parkersgoods.com.au Jeep Parts
Old 29-10-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well i thikn your better off going to someone local who knows what they are doing like DBOR.

you want something like this bad boy...

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-lcg-preru...uspension.html

here is a video. quality suspension...

4.88s, Chromoly ARBs, 35" MTZ, 6", Rear Discs Brakes
Headers,Air Raid TBS, intake,Tera Long Arm
Sponsored Posts
Old 29-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Seems you are more trying to subtly whore your site than seek actual advice.
Old 29-10-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 167 Times in 106 Posts
Default $699 for short arms?

Ok, first of all, for $699usd you are either going to get at best, average quality or crap. When you go over the 3" level on a WJ/G you start to open up a whole new can of worms that will end up costing real money.

A decent set of shocks alone will set you back at least $320usd, springs will be about the same, so there's $640+/-. So for around $60usd you can get arms all round, sway bar links, pan hard rod/track bar, etc? Me thinks not. What about the drive shafts, they will start to be rather limited as well. Have you also looked at your spring isolators as well? Being at least 7 years old they will have started to sag to some degree. You can gain 1/2" of lift alone from replacing them.

Now I don't mean to be rude, but the $499usd 3" lift from Iron Rock Offroad that you are reselling via you link for $936aud is both rather expensive and average quality at best. Why don't you just pruchase the Iron Rock Offroad 4" Critical path kit adding in Bilstein shocks, adjustable front long arms, JKS quicker disconnects. The you have a 4" lift that is of some quality and value.

The standard "Hydro" shocks in the Ironrock Offroad kits make very nice paper weights or door stops. They're crap to put it mildly. Considering the Bilstein 5100 shocks retail for $320usd for a set of 4, and IRO charge $250usd as an upgrade to them that makes their "Hydro" shocks worth about $18usd each.

You could always do some research, work out the best parts to start with,and either buy locally or import what you need. You will then get a brilliant 4" kit at a good price, quality components and a fantastic understanding of your suspenions and drive line.

And this is an ok suggestion, if he had a JK.
Terraflex make a smaller range of equipment for a WJ/G Grand than Toyota do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssadamsss View Post
well i thikn your better off going to someone local who knows what they are doing like DBOR.

you want something like this bad boy...

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-lcg-preru...uspension.html

here is a video. quality suspension...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRjK9...feature=relmfu
Old 29-10-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Funny that the wording and pictures are identical
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

http://www.parkersgoods.com/p/14/3-i...grand-cherokee

edit: Sorry - I started writing this before Timbotrog had posted but got distracted. Anyway, may as well keep it.

Last edited by pmac; 29-10-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 29-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My apologies if the website is misleading. I started it up a while back with the intent of building it up but I got work that has stopped me from doing that. I'm just after some advice and I'm happy to hear any, even if it's not what I want to hear. At the end of the day I want to make the right choice.

wehireit.com.au
Sponsored Posts
Old 29-10-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 167 Times in 106 Posts

Sorry if I was a bit heavy handed before, I hate it when people do things by half and waste money having to re do them a second, (and sometimes 3rd), time.

Planning is the key to doing correctly and not having any problems, and at 4" it won't be cheap if you want to do it correctly and well.

I haven't done a 4" lift in my WG, only a 2", (really closer to 2 1/2"), but I have to have my front pinion angle looked at probbly meaning new upper adjustable control arms. And from that I could so easily get longer lower F & R C/A as well. Followed by longer springs & shocks... I can go on but you get the idea.

I like the JKS products. You don't see people complaining about them failing or being of bad build quality. It does reflect it in the price though.

Here's my suggestion on a 4" long arm kit that is not only of high quality, but if you sell the Jeep and return it to stock you would get a fair bit of your original outlay back.

JKS Adjustable 0-6" Front Upper and lower control arms
JKS Adjustable 0-6" Rear Lower control arms
JKS Adjustable quicker disconnects
JKS Adjustable 1"-6" Adjustable track bar or IRO WJ Right Hand Drive Track Bar
4" Rear sway bar links
Iron Rock Offroad WJ A Arm spacer kit
Bilstein 5100 3"-4" lift shocks
4" lift coils
I would also look at extending the brake lines as well.

Like I said, not cheap but the quality and reliability is there.
Old 30-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcianci View Post
My apologies if the website is misleading. I started it up a while back with the intent of building it up but I got work that has stopped me from doing that. I'm just after some advice and I'm happy to hear any, even if it's not what I want to hear. At the end of the day I want to make the right choice.
You clearly had gone to the effort of creating the site & populating it as well as prices. Plus you specifically said in the "About Us" you had been selling Jeep parts for years on ebay, which one might normally assume you would have imported.
So I'm not quite sure "whom" to believe.
Old 30-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been selling parts on ebay for years, but the smaller stuff like o2 sensors, tre's, etc. Stuff that wears out. i didnt mean to offend anyone. Thanks timbotrog, that parts list helps with trying to work out the best way to go. Whats the story with keeping the order under $1000 to avoid import duties. Is this correct? Seems everyones shipping experiences vary greatly. I think the reality is that if someone had a kit in stock I would be happy to pay a premium just for the convenience. Who is the best to deal with when it comes to JKS?

wehireit.com.au
Post New Thread  Reply