AEV Magnuson Super Charger 3.8 L - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation AEV Magnuson Super Charger 3.8 L

Check this out, apoligies if has been posted before

Quoted below & pictures from AEV website

AEV has partnered with Magnuson to develop a Supercharger Kit for the 2007–2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8L that utilizes the latest in Eaton’s line of Twin Vortices Series (TVS) superchargers and offers many performance benefits over other existing blower designs. Its advantage lies with its four-lobe, 160 degree high helix rotors, which provide increased air flow with a wider operating range and a higher pressure capability, while maintaining cooler operating temperatures and a quieter operation.

Known worldwide as the industry leader in supercharger technology, Eaton has become the preferred supercharger supplier for manufacturers such Audi, GM, Ford, Mercedes, Jaguar and Nissan. Eaton’s TVS hybrid-roots supercharger system offers many advantages over centrifugal superchargers when being used on daily driven applications. It is completely self-contained, virtually maintenance free, and delivers power earlier in the rpm range and in a more linear fashion. The end result is a supercharger system that compliments the driving habits of most JK owners, whether it is on the trail or in rush hour traffic.

With this technologically advanced system, your Jeep Wrangler 3.8L can achieve higher torque levels while maintaining its everyday drivability. During testing, a 2007 JK with 37" tires and 5.38 gears gained an impressive 40% more horsepower and 37% more torque at the wheels! Keeping reliability in mind, boost pressure is set at a conservative 5psi.

Whether on the streets or blazing a new trail in the great outdoors, you will never be at a loss for power with the AEV Supercharger Kit installed on your JK.

Product Features:

50-state emissions legal
Installs in 8-10 hours
100% complete bolt-on system
Fits with the stock hood or the AEV Heat Reduction Hood
Internal Bypass Valve virtually eliminates parasitic loss
High thermal efficiency
High helix four-lobe rotors with 160 degrees of twist
Improved air-handling characteristics
Acoustically designed for noise and vibration reductions
Utilizes all factory “push-lock” connectors

Included Components:

Eaton MP1320 TVS supercharger with integrated bypass valve
High flow fuel injectors
Liquid-to-Air Intercooler
Diablo inTune Handheld Programmer
All necessary fittings, lines, belts, and hardware
Re-calibrated ECM (2011 JK only)
Speed control module (2011 JK only)

Warranty:

Standard 3-year/36,000 mile Warranty on the supercharger hardware
Standard 1-year Limited Warranty on electronics
Optional Extended Powertrain Warranty available - download form here.

Please Note: The AEV 3.8L Superchager Kit is compatible with LHD models only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	61075   Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger_detail_website.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	61076   Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger_kit_website.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	61077   Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger_veh.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	61078  

Last edited by HGR; 10-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2013
Banned

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I have one,

64% increase in power running 35s, Auto and 4.88

the Kits we have will fit the RHD in Auto only
Old 10-04-2013
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko73 View Post
I have one,

64% increase in power running 35s, Auto and 4.88

Gidday acko73, Yep looks bloody awesome mate
Old 11-04-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
??? Why Auto only.... I am truly puzzled
Old 12-04-2013
Banned

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddisbn View Post
??? Why Auto only.... I am truly puzzled
The Magnuson Blower is longer than the Sprintex and sits back a bit further, the Clutch master sits out too far and hits the blower, Magnuson are working on a fix for it but its not going to be a simple fix, dont forget LHD design so Clutch master is on other side, so at this stage only us luck Auto drivers get them,
Old 12-04-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i love that it looks really stock under the hood, and runs from the stock air box, some might find that a drawback i guess
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Last edited by sladey; 12-04-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 15-04-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

do these fit manuals yet.... hahahaha. God I really hope they sort it out because I really want one with a water to air cooler and everything!