LT tyres 245/65/18 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default LT tyres 245/65/18

Hope someone can help. I have fitted Bridgestone 265/60/18 D697 to the WK2 and was going to get one for the spare as well. Just found out that the spare is a 245/65/18 and the 265 would not fit in the spare wheel well.
So I am after a 245/65/18LT for a spare, any brand will do. Any ideas.
Thanks
Old 03-02-2015
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Are you sure it won't fit? I thought 265/60s were ok in there.

General Grabber do the AT2 in 255/60R18, but it is slightly smaller in diameter than the Bridgestone.

Last edited by Benn0; 03-02-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2015
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR > JEEP GARAGE > Grand Cherokee WH WK WK2 > LT tyres 245/65/

265/65/18 CooperAT3s fit but there is not a lot of clearance.
Old 03-02-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts

BFG AT 265/65/18 fit in the spare wheel well

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD, Uneek4x4 bullbar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift
Old 03-02-2015
Established Member

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

I've got a 265/65/18 Cooper AT3 and it fits in the well.
Old 03-02-2015
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

It will fit on the steel wheel but not properly on the alloy! The alloy being wider expands the tyre a fraction further so although it fits in the well the lid won't shut fully.

Mine's a Trailhawk, so it shipped with Silent Armour 265/65/18. Rubbish tyre for the outback (had 3 punctures, twice spiked right through tread by stones on the Savannah Way) *but* better than the road tyre so at Katherine I bought 4x D697s and used the best Goodyear as the spare. Lid wouldn't close while the tyre was attached to the alloy but fine on the steel rim.

Very happy with the Bridgestones, did some very shaley stuff in the Kimberley and there's no chipping or damage at all.
Old 04-02-2015
Established Member

Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts

Thanks for the reply's. I will go ahead and order the 697. Will be a lot happier with that sitting in the back.
Post New Thread  Reply