WH/WJ Snorkels - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-01-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default WH/WJ Snorkels

I spoke to Michael Kirk-Williams from GibsonRM today (Airflow snorkels). He should be ready for a trial fit to a WH CRD in a couple of weeks. Air testing is complete and he reported that approx. 20% improvement in power and 8% improvement in consumption. He already has a AJOR member who is making his vehicle available.
He is seeking WH/WJ petrol jeep owners (V6 and V to make their vehicle available for trial measurements, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
He is located at 4 Collins Rd, Dromana on Mornington Peninsula about an hour or so south of Melbourne.
He can be contacted on 03 5987 3733.
At this stage he is expecting the WH CRD snorkel to be ready in 8-10 weeks.

Cheers

DarwinDave (now living in Brisbane)
2007 WH CRD Navigator, 2" lift (OME springs) with Bilstien shockers, ECB Bull bar.
Old 22-01-2009
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I lived in melbourne he could have my WJ (inline 6) but I dont so I'll just have to wait........

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Sponsored Posts
Old 23-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I live in Frankston, under 20mins from Dromana. I have a WJ V8 & will give him a call to let him know that my vehicle will be available to him. This is the one thing I have been waiting for to add to my Jeep.
I'll keep everbody updated as to how it may all turn out.
Old 23-01-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Very interested to see how the Overland goes with 20% more power!
Old 24-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks guys,

It's a great opportunity to support industry that is prepared to support Jeepers.
We are all keenly awaiting a snorkel, especially for the CRD's with motor replacement costs $30-40 grand.

Cheers
DarwinDave
Old 27-01-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally!! I have had my 2007 WH CRD to him last year for the first stage of the development work on this snorkel.
Unfortunately I have been in Canberra for a couple of months and heading North in a couple of weeks so my vehicle will be unavailable.
I will need to have a snorkel fitted before Cape York although my previous 2003 2.8L CRD KJ in standard guise managed it quite well with only a tarp to keep the water out, but I'm not inclined to tempt fate again perhaps a case of not so lucky this time.
Look forward to hearing about the completion of the snorkel.
With the fitment of the new air ram that Michael has been working on also it will nagate the need to put a "chip" in the vehicle, although the WH is an excellent tow vehicle (18'-6" caravan about 2.5 tonnes loaded)
regards Johnv
Old 27-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hi Johnv,
Michael mentioned that it was your vehicle that he was going to use for the next fitting. Does this mean that we need another AJOR WH CRD for him to test fit on?
If it does, can someone in Melbourne contact him so that he can finish at least the CRD one.
I'm like you will be heading up to the Cape in July and don't really want to risk a $30-40K motor.

Cheers

DarwinDave
Old 04-02-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default WH Snorkel

Thanks Dave, I should have responded sooner, no mine will not be available as I'm moving on from Canberra to Sydney and Brisbane next week.
However the good news is that I received a phone call from Michael Kirk -Williams at Gibson RM and he is looking for someone with a WH to do the next step of test fitting on, I guess that means a freeby for someone!
He wished me to apologise for the delay to all the "Jeepers", when they tested the airflow capacity on the one they had produced it did not come up to scratch and he has had to create a totally new mould for the WH.
Michael stated that he has been as frustrated with the development of this one as all of us have been and asked could I place this item on the forum.
If you'd like to be involved, no he won't damage your chariot, please call him, or email him, as below, he is always very prompt and detailed with his replies.
Michael Kirk-Williams - Gibson RM Ph 03 5987 3733
Email - info@gibsonrm.com.au
All the best guys!!
Old 04-02-2009
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. I would love to be able to make my WH CRD available but it's a long drive from Brisbane to Melbourne.
I can only urge Melbourne and Vic Jeepers to contact Michael, he requires both CRD and petrol models for a fit.
I believe that what he is developing will be of great benefit to WH and WJ owners.
I have recieved communication from a guy in USA who is also very interested as there is nothing available in the US at present and he believes that there is an overseas market there for AirFlow.

Cheers
DarwinDave
Post New Thread  Reply